Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Green Bay, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We stopped by around 3pm yesterday. No power to the stalls and the transformer enclosure is still open.

On a semi-related note, we enjoyed dinner at Gordon Lodge, near Bailey's Harbor, last night and noticed they have 3 new HPWC's that provide 80amp service.

We stopped by around 3pm yesterday. No power to the stalls and the transformer enclosure is still open.

On a semi-related note, we enjoyed dinner at Gordon Lodge, near Bailey's Harbor, last night and noticed they have 3 new HPWC's that provide 80amp service.

You lucky dog. When we were in Door County this time last year, I had to run two 120v/30a extension cords out the window of our cottage to charge the car at 8mph! Now there are many more chargers available there, and Tesla's Find Us map says they're putting a SuperCharger there some day.

I'll need the GB SC next month when I drive to the UP in MI. Hope they'll have it running by then.

I had to run two 120v/30a extension cords out the window of our cottage to charge the car at 8mph

When I visit my brother in Lac du Flambeau, I have to attach a 30-amp extension cord to his electric oven circuit breaker, snake the cord from the breaker panel, behind the toilet, across the shower floor and out the window of the shower stall. This arrangement works quite well but for some reason my sis-in-law won't shower when I'm visiting. :rolleyes:

Tesla replied to an email I sent the other day.

They are "happy to share that we are in the final phases of commissioning at the Howard SC Station. There are serveral circumstances that can still effect the site opening date, but we will open this site as soon as possible."

Of course, I specifically asked a pointed question on what the plan/date is and got this generic reply. The wait continues...

Thanks to those that are keeping tabs on the site. It's greatly appreciated.

Of course, I specifically asked a pointed question on what the plan/date is and got this generic reply. The wait continues...

I've watched this scenario with superchargers dozens of times over the years. Many of the factors that delay the opening of a supercharger simply aren't in the control of Tesla. They couldn't possibly provide an opening date. And even when they know when the Tesla "tester" will be there to do final inspection and turn on the supercharger, they still won't provide a date because a problem might be discovered.

Out of the nearly 400 U.S. superchargers, I've never known Tesla to provide an opening date for a single one. If they give a date, and it doesn't open, there will be SOMEONE that planned a trip around that opening date and will be pissed off. Tesla is handling the situation correctly.

Actually I couldn't disagree more. YOUR answer is handling the situation correctly. How about educating owners in the process and giving out all the disclaimers as you just did? The vanilla answer they give is not insufficient and, quite frankly, lazy. Hell, give an example or two to give people an appreciation for why they can't be specific.

Thank you for the reply. It's more clarity than I've ever gotten from Tesla in this subject and the GB SC. Hopefully they read these posts and copy/paste your reply for future customers waiting on SCs.

Thanks again.

Actually I couldn't disagree more. YOUR answer is handling the situation correctly. How about educating owners in the process and giving out all the disclaimers as you just did? The vanilla answer they give is not insufficient and, quite frankly, lazy. Hell, give an example or two to give people an appreciation for why they can't be specific.

Thank you for the reply. It's more clarity than I've ever gotten from Tesla in this subject and the GB SC. Hopefully they read these posts and copy/paste your reply for future customers waiting on SCs.

Thanks again.

I agree with Buddyroe. Since there can and often are last minute delays, providing thoughtful answers like Buddyroe's would require time, investigation, contacting people, etc. All of which is a waste of time because it won't speed up the turning up of the SC. It will be open when it's open. Even with disclaimers, there would be people who would miss those in the messaging, and then Tesla has to spend even more time talking about it. I prefer they use boilerplate answers and keep their people focused on getting the SCs sited and up & running, not answering interminable questions from impatient fans.

IMG_0375.JPG IMG_0374.JPG Actually Tesla's answer was guite accurate. Some issues require descretion on their part.

That being said...... This is Not a rumor.....
Charging now in Green Bay ⚡⚡⚡

Last edited: