Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaithersburg, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the pins in the map for future sites are not accurate. For instance, the Aberdeen pin is located on a cross road off of Route 40. However, from reading this section (Mid-Atlantic) the real location is the Maryland House rest stop off I-95. I have been trying to locate the Halethorpe charger location with no success.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Fair enough. Someone usually notices a permit submission too before any sections of car parks are cordoned off. That said, the Washingtonian area would be pretty great place to drop a supercharger: Quick exit off 270, great faclities in the area and most importantly, very close to where I live.

IMG_3233.PNG
I think the pins in the map for future sites are not accurate. For instance, the Aberdeen pin is located on a cross road off of Route 40. However, from reading this section (Mid-Atlantic) the real location is the Maryland House rest stop off I-95. I have been trying to locate the Halethorpe charger location with no success.
I think this is what the OP saw. This is from Google maps, not Tesla.com. I do not show any activity on Miss Utility for this address. So probably a false (or to early) listing.

Yup, it's real. Here is the plan submittal information for #AFP-7614-2017.

Tesla proposes installation of superchargers. Super chargers will include (12) charge post bollards, 6 super charge cabinets, 12 charge post junction box, switchgear, pedestrian light, and transformer.

Here is the permit (CIMP-14402-2017), dated July 3rd, for installation of an electric car charging station in an existing open parking lot.

The address is 24 Grand Corner Avenue, but it would appear to be the parking garage between Grand Corner Ave and Washingtonian Blvd. The plans were submitted May 23rd and approved June 28th, so it could be near completion. This is the sixth station currently under construction in Maryland!

Last edited:

Here is the permit (CIMP-14402-2017), dated July 3rd, for installation of an electric car charging station in an existing open parking lot.

The address is 24 Grand Corner Avenue, but it would appear to be the parking garage between Grand Corner Ave and Washingtonian Blvd. The plans were submitted May 23rd and approved June 28th, so it could be near completion. This is the sixth station currently under construction in Maryland!
Can you find the Halethorpe one?

Nice work!
I hope it is not in the basement area as the plan seems to reveal. +1 on ice-ing. These parks are often filled, but super location none the less.
12 Stalls!
Must be a lot of Model 3 orders in the area.

Last edited:
Montgomery Cty does have an anti-ICEing law and violators can be ticketed in the dedicated spots.

Montgomery County Code said:
§ 31-26B. Parking spaces reserved for a plug-in vehicle.
(c) A person may not stop, stand, or park a vehicle that is not a plug-in vehicle in a space that:
(1) is marked for use of plug-in vehicles with an official sign that conforms to regulations adopted pursuant to Section 31-23; and
(2) provides access to a plug-in vehicle recharging station.

Tesla uses their own Tesla-branded signage which I expect won't meet the standards of official signage.

The first level is always full, I am sure the non-dedicated superchargers will always be ICEd. As someone mentioned above parking area behind Barnes and Noble would have been a better location or move the supercharges to the second level which is empty most days.