Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Flagstaff, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alternative Fuels Data Center: Arizona Laws and Incentives for Vehicle Owner/Driver
An individual is not allowed to stop, stand, or park a motor vehicle within any parking space specifically designated for parking and charging EVs unless the motor vehicle is an EV and has been issued an alternative fuel vehicle special plate or sticker. A person who is found responsible for a violation may be subject to a civil penalty of at least $350. (Reference Arizona Revised Statutes 28-876)

That would really concern me (if it applied) because most transient Tesla owners may not have "EV plates or stickers" and the law clearly states it must be an EV AND has been issued special plates of stickers. I've always been concerned with this wording because it does leave open the possibility of being cited for "failing to display sticker"

That said, these spaces should fall under the private lot/assigned spaces tow policy. Hopefully the signage will be clear. Truth is this lot isn't all that convenient so any ICEing will be done by guests and therefore easier to remedy should the need arise.

That would really concern me (if it applied) because most transient Tesla owners may not have "EV plates or stickers" and the law clearly states it must be an EV AND has been issued special plates of stickers. I've always been concerned with this wording because it does leave open the possibility of being cited for "failing to display sticker"

That said, these spaces should fall under the private lot/assigned spaces tow policy. Hopefully the signage will be clear. Truth is this lot isn't all that convenient so any ICEing will be done by guests and therefore easier to remedy should the need arise.

I agree with you. However, I'd imagine enforcement will be based on someone complaining they have been ICE'd. I find it hard to believe there will be proactive law enforcement looking for someone parked in an EV space.

Here's a few more pictures from today.

1463223_743414152352550_2094603353_n.jpg

1483434_743414169019215_1564229867_n.jpg

1489084_743414119019220_1515327633_n.jpg

Awesome airj1012!! It is great to see the photos. A new Tesla Supercharger never seems quite real until we can look at the photo evidence. Many thanks from all of us, I'm sure, who follow along with the growth of the TSCN. This is a really great location for many of us!! I posted a note on teslamotors.com enthusiasts supercharging confirmed thread to lead them here:) These are really clear pictures!!

Here ya go, Arj. Stopped by here yesterday on my way to the Grand Canyon. The foreman said they'd stop working for the holidays and expected to be done around mid-January. He also said he had crews in Kingman and Holbrook right now and they would be finished roughly around the same time. They're headed to El Centro next.

image.jpg

And this is to the right of that set of chargers, not sure if they're putting in more on that side:
image.jpg

Here ya go, Arj. Stopped by here yesterday on my way to the Grand Canyon. The foreman said they'd stop working for the holidays and expected to be done around mid-January. He also said he had crews in Kingman and Holbrook right now and they would be finished roughly around the same time. They're headed to El Centro next.

And this is to the right of that set of chargers, not sure if they're putting in more on that side:

Great news! Holbrook and El Centro are key gap fillers to the first, cross-country, supercharger route. San Juan Capistrano to El Centro or the reverse is totally doable in an 85 with some moderation in max speed. With a range charge and some hypermiling, it's probably doable in a 60.

The trench to the right of the chargers is likely for the HV feed to the transformer.

I stopped by the Flagstaff location Saturday and was totally surprised to see 4 stalls ready to start pumping juice. Cant wait, should be very soon now. See photos
Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 8.26.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 8.26.10 AM.png

Attachments

• photo 1A.jpeg
    photo 1A.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 667
  • photo 2A.jpeg
    photo 2A.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 670
Yes, is it the only in the photo?

The tall, gray boxes in your pictures, beside of the off-white Supercharger cabinets, are 480 Volt, 3 Phase circuit breaker/switching boxes and will be inside the enclosure with the Supercharger cabinets. There is typically a shorter/fatter dark green piece of equipment outside of the enclosure that is the 3-Phase, High Voltage to 480 Volt transformer. That transformer is installed by the electric company and is often the pacing item for turn on.

Look at post 19 in Supercharger - Savannah, GA - Page 2. You can see the dark green transformer beside of the gray circuit breaker/switching boxes, and outside of the future enclosure, in those pictures.

I took these this morning. Looks like they are coming along. They were obviously waiting for the inspector today as when I started taking the pictures I was asked if I was he. :biggrin:

I stay at this hotel regular basis, it isn't that easy to get to, but since the MS provides guidance I doubt that'll be an issue. :)

Enjoy...

FlagSC1.jpeg
flagsc2.jpg
flagsc3.jpg
flagsc4.jpg