Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With signs that say you'll be towed I'd think people wouldn't mess around.

Still, sucks that people are stealing the spots. Today is the one day of the year that ICEing will 100% be a problem so in looking forward to reports from not the busiest article shopping day of the year.

Who the hell parks on a laneway blocking cars in? That's a recipe for a car to get keyed or a brick through the windshield

With signs that say you'll be towed I'd think people wouldn't mess around.

Still, sucks that people are stealing the spots. Today is the one day of the year that ICEing will 100% be a problem so in looking forward to reports from not the busiest article shopping day of the year.

Who the hell parks on a laneway blocking cars in? That's a recipe for a car to get keyed or a brick through the windshield

Oh trust me...I so wanted to do something...maybe rent a snow plow and trash that car. Cause of that idiot in a Toyota Camry parked Parallel to me in the middle of a lane, many cars almost hit me, so while waiting for the security guy I called, I froze my face off directing traffic :mad:

Diagram:
Super Chargers: | | | | | | | | | |
Lane way in front: ---|----------- (The "|" is the idiot in the Toyota camry...and the ----- is the flow of traffic)....seriously who does this??

Just got back from SC. Eventually I was able to get some juice there. Again, some spots were ICEd, but this time was able to get available stall. Pictured on Dec. 26, 20.22.
IMG_20171226_202208.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ElectrifyAB
Yesterday there were no such tickets, I specially checked all ICEs, parked on the SC spots.
I mean, there's a limit to how often security can be expected to run around tagging and towing such vehicles - they do have other duties in their job, but the fact they're doing it at all is great. It means that eventually the ICE drivers will learn to take the No Parking except for EV Charging signs seriously.

I'm late to this thread. Wondering if they have tried using cones. This is a simple and easy solution that has always been effective. Just put cones on the parking stall lines as a reminder that these spots are special and that should deter most. If the ICEing continues, place the cones in the middle of the stalls. At this point the Tesla owners will have to get out of their cars to move the cones before and after charging which is somewhat inconvenient but still way better than not being able to charge.

I think towing is THE ONLY way to solve it
Orange cones or ropes/chains across the spaces would help. Yes, some people would still ignore them, but it would deter all but the most determined violators. It would also make it easier to justify towing the few remaining ICErs since they can hardly claim that the rules weren't clear, and it would mean the number of ICEd spots would be small.

In the case of this crazy Boxing Day crowd, my guess is people were seeing clear parking violations everywhere so they figured there would be no enforcement and just squeezed in wherever they could. Not an excuse, but my point is that when the lot isn't full, I think the No Parking signs will be enough of a deterrent to most potential ICErs.

• Love
Reactions: MarcoRP
Hopefully once the build out is done you will have lots of options. The Vaughan site should be within 10km, Markham is 30 km East, Meadowvale is about 40km West and these are all along the 407. Going a little farther south you would have options at North York, Mississauga, Pickering and Scarborough as well.

I disagree with the idea of towing as a primary means of de-ICEing. Over the years there have been fears of rampant ICEing at hundreds of supercharger locations and the problem has always been worked out without towing. Simple cones do the trick 99% of the time and if that doesn't work you can use the rather inelegant solution they used in Calgary with the portable metal fence. People aren't going to move a metal fence for a parking spot, yet someone in desperate need of a charge will happily do so.

Reactions: mrElbe