Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chemult, OR - US-97 (under construction April 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope Musk's abrupt firing of the 500 person SC dept at Tesla doesn't mean this station won't happen. As someone who lives in KF and regularly drives this section of 97 to Bend or Eugene/Portland, a Chemult SC would fill in a large hole. KF to Eugene is not too bad (I usually make it to Harrisburg w/o trouble), but Eugene to KF in winter with 4,000 feet of climbing and a family of 4 can use up most of the battery (100%>9%). Also, if I want to hike in the mountains or mtb in Oakridge I have to leave the EV home and drive the 21 mpg minivan. A chemult station would let me use my Tesla more often in this rural corner of the world.

Moreover, I really hope this mass firing event does not signify a significant slowdown in the SC buildout. I won't be loving my Tesla if I regularly need to wait for a stall on road trips on busy interstate corridors such as I5.

• Helpful
Reactions: Avatempest
Do we even need to talk about the entire Supercharger team getting fired on the Supercharger construction threads?
Nope, Musk pretty explicitly stated that in construction chargers will be finished and as much as he does lie I feel pretty inclined to believe him on this one since once its' in construction most of the work (which is the work the supercharger team handled) has been done

Reactions: tyler601717
Nope, Musk pretty explicitly stated that in construction chargers will be finished and as much as he does lie I feel pretty inclined to believe him on this one since once its' in construction most of the work (which is the work the supercharger team handled) has been done
My only reservation is that a contractor would halt work until somebody reaches out from Tesla. If I were a contractor I'd definitely stop if I had even a rumor of not getting paid; emails to my contact bouncing back would freak me out. I don't know if the supercharger team handles all the contractor relations stuff or if that's a separate team or something. On this specific site though it looks like it's basically done.

• Disagree
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Sorry for the grainy pic quality. Friend sent me this.
IMG_0144.jpeg

Does every Supercharger construction thread need commentary about the firing event? I think everyone is well aware of the situation at this point.
Right! Hopefully this can be put to bed with what Elon just tweeted about 25 min ago:

"Just to reiterate: Tesla will spend well over $500M expanding our Supercharger network to create thousands of NEW chargers this year.

That’s just on new sites and expansions, not counting operations costs, which are much higher."

Reactions: tyler601717
I wonder what’s next for this site, I wonder if they are going to pave. I’ve never seen a supercharger site with a gravel parking lot before.
I think the Tillamook supercharger just has a little asphalt pad that covers the actual charging stalls and little else. I assumed they were gonna do something similar for this one, but who knows? Maybe keep it gravel to feel more rustic lol

My only reservation is that a contractor would halt work until somebody reaches out from Tesla. If I were a contractor I'd definitely stop if I had even a rumor of not getting paid; emails to my contact bouncing back would freak me out. I don't know if the supercharger team handles all the contractor relations stuff or if that's a separate team or something. On this specific site though it looks like it's basically done.
I'm sure they wouldn't start work without new contact but far less concern about existing jobs.