Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA - 9400 Old Hwy 99 N. (under construction Nov 2023, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite that, I’ve been across 20 more times than I can count. The L2 network is okay as long as there aren’t a ton of other EVs trying to do the same thing. Winthrop Suercharger soon, I hope! Probably not until 2025 in all likelihood.
I've gone here to Entiat several times ... but I don't like the required top charging here to do that.

(Plz one of Concrete/Rockport/Winthrop/Twisp. Looking forward to some hypothetical EVSE chargers on this route)

Despite that, I’ve been across 20 more times than I can count. The L2 network is okay as long as there aren’t a ton of other EVs trying to do the same thing. Winthrop Suercharger soon, I hope! Probably not until 2025 in all likelihood.
I voted for a Winthrop SC. It's nice to stop and have lunch at Sun Mountain Lodge and use a Tesla connector while I do, but more options would be better.

IMG_0243.jpeg

Taken a week ago.
IMG_0244.jpeg

Last edited:
I spoke with one of the workers on site and he seemed to think they were nearly done. Looks that way but for paving and striping.

Pictures from this afternoon:

Attachments

• 20240127_141720.jpg
    20240127_141720.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240127_141725.jpg
    20240127_141725.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240127_141823.jpg
    20240127_141823.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240127_141952.jpg
    20240127_141952.jpg
    896.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240127_142018.jpg
    20240127_142018.jpg
    871 KB · Views: 20
I was there yesterday afternoon, as well. No transformer, although there is a pad for it.
Hmm. I am still trying to figure out the terms LNI uses for inspections. I guess the "New Underground Service" would be from the transformer to the switchgear? Seems hard to have "service" without a transformer. It does say pre energization testing but I think you'd still need a transformer to make sure all the wires correct end to end. I know there are the the typical things you do as far as colors to phases but that is why there are inspections. Oh well, always learning and I guess having approved complete underground service doesn't mean anything to LNI in terms of actually being ready to use said electrical service.

Months ago, I was at this site and workers were trenching for electrical service from an existing transformer behind Bob's. It doesn't seem likely that this existing transformer would also serve the SC, though, and the reason they were trenching from that transformer is simply that this is the closest to the electrical service needed for the SC. Probably, Big Earl is right and that pad is waiting on a new transformer.

Months ago, I was at this site and workers were trenching for electrical service from an existing transformer behind Bob's. It doesn't seem likely that this existing transformer would also serve the SC, though, and the reason they were trenching from that transformer is simply that this is the closest to the electrical service needed for the SC. Probably, Big Earl is right and that pad is waiting on a new transformer.
Yeah, with an existing transformer they are probably just tying into the high voltage lines there to feed the new transformer.

Reactions: Astrochimp