Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA - 9400 Old Hwy 99 N. (under construction Nov 2023, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fencing and a telescoping material handler are on site. Markings have been made and it looks like they’re ready to start construction.

The stalls will go in the row of parking spaces that separate Bob’s from the espresso hut.

View attachment 990420View attachment 990421View attachment 990422View attachment 990423
This all matches the permits Marco posted on twitter which are no longer in the thread here because that account was suspended. Screen grabs stay longer so people coming in the future will be able to follow the thread regardless. And remind us forgetful folks of what it’s supposed to look like. I can’t remember where on the site it was but there was a link for site plans on the county portal but they are no longer there. Oh well. It’s getting built so hooray!

Work has begun. No digging yet, but the fence is going up.

IMG_6990.jpeg
IMG_6991.jpeg
IMG_6993.jpeg
IMG_6992.jpeg

Think they might decommission & remove the old V2 site once this one is active? Seems a bit superfluous at that point.
More capacity never hurt anyone. Besides, even on those v2 superchargers it was everything I could do to scarf down a meal and a beer before the car was done at that restaurant. You only need about 80 miles of range to get most anywhere in the Seattle area from Burlington, so I'd guess the older slower chargers are still more than enough for anyone with home charging.

Keep in mind too that this site was one of the original v1 chargers and has been upgraded once already to v2.
Look at these cybertruck looking angled dudes:
1700002621299.png

More capacity never hurt anyone. Besides, even on those v2 superchargers it was everything I could do to scarf down a meal and a beer before the car was done at that restaurant. You only need about 80 miles of range to get most anywhere in the Seattle area from Burlington
About half of my usage of that site is top-charging to get across highway 20.... and there the slow rate is fine: it's a top charge, it's not being limited by the chargers. (build a charger at Rockport plz?)

The other half of the time I'm just trying to do a 10-min charge to get home, and that's when I'm annoyed at the navigation system for suggesting that charger instead of the one a hair farther south.

Reactions: Astrochimp
This site is probably a low priority since the North Cascades Highway will be closed for about four more months.
This is way more of a north south capacity issue than east west. Think seatle to points north vs Seattle to anywhere east on 20. There are no superchargers east of Burlington within range of any Tesla so this extra capacity is not dependent on highway 20 traffic.1705292220601.png

This is way more of a north south capacity issue than east west. Think seatle to points north vs Seattle to anywhere east on 20. There are no superchargers east of Burlington within range of any Tesla so this extra capacity is not dependent on highway 20 traffic.View attachment 1008988
Despite that, I’ve been across 20 more times than I can count. The L2 network is okay as long as there aren’t a ton of other EVs trying to do the same thing. Winthrop Suercharger soon, I hope! Probably not until 2025 in all likelihood.