Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news on the transformer! Nice to hear that is is concrete evidence of progress. Caught the piece on the SC on WIVB at 6PM. Mentioned that the Tesla SC provides the fastest car charging in the world and is only for Tesla Models S and that if you have any other electric vehicle you are out of luck!
The Buffalo News piece on the SC should be in print in the next few days. The photographer came to my house, took pictures of the car, my HPWC, the plug and charge port, and the key. I think the photographer was going out to the SC site as well. Stay tuned.

Syracuse.com just did an article as well. Sounds like a coordinated effort.

Tesla 'supercharger' station in Salina one of only 3 in New York | syracuse.com

Anyways, did you guys notice the manufacturing date? So it wasn't a lack of supplies issue...

I love the photo with this article - as if anybody would stand by the car while it's recharging - but it suggests that it's so quick that one would do that. Misleading, but, hey, since people are asking the wrong questions, may as well give them the answers they think they want :)

Umm, the first (and second) rule of silhouette photography would be. . . . #talkaboutrevolting

17997277-mmmain.jpg

Glad to hear Buffalo is open. It completes a circuit for me to visit grandchildren in Cleveland and then in Boston then loop down to Charleston then over to San Antonio then back home to Birmingham. The super charger network is gradually getting in place. Really cool. Btw, I also love my car...platonically.

Glad to hear Buffalo is open. It completes a circuit for me to visit grandchildren in Cleveland and then in Boston then loop down to Charleston then over to San Antonio then back home to Birmingham. The super charger network is gradually getting in place. Really cool. Btw, I also love my car...platonically.
I was thinking they need to add more than 8 per station, probably when they introduce the model x or model 3. Also there's no exhaust so you can only love it platonically. ;)

The Buffalo SC is definitely NOT open yet! The critical connection to the grid has not yet been done. I had heard that to make the grid connection they will need to de- energize Key Bank. Maybe over the weekend? Will certainly require coordination. Interesting that the transformer for Key Bank is 300kVA and the charger 500kVA!

Status Update! Seems that the pole for the Supercharger has been connected to the grid! One of the gates for the Supercharger enclosure has been removed and replaced by a chain link barrier. Still no meter on the transformer. I gues we're now waiting for the return of the install team to make the final connection and acceptance testing! Too bad I'll be on the way to Pasadena.

20150606_204332.jpg
20150606_204314.jpg
20150606_204152.jpg

I just read the article online from my motel room in the St. Louis area. The version I saw online had one photo. Were there any more in the print version?
The trip has been without incident. I've been doing very well in the energy usage department. About 285WH/mi by doing a far amount of truck drafting. I get behind the fastest one I can find and go! A larger gap tomorrow on the leg to Kansas City. I'm plugged into a 120V outlet to slowly bring me to a full charge overnight after I charged to 90% at the St. Charles SC. There were 2 other Model S cars there when I arrived. A woman greeted me as a new owner she hadn't seen before. We're not very far from Ferguson.