Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gansevoort (Wilton), NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Tesla will be constructing an 8 stall supercharger at the Stewart's Shops with an address of 227 Ballard Rd, Gansevoort, NY 12831.

This site was found and published recently in The Weekly Supercharger: Mid-Atlantic Madness - TeslaNorth.com

1696387707460.png

Gansevoort, NY

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Stewart's Shops
Along Primary Interstates: I-87N
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-9
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-87N

To: Queensbury, NY (v2) - 12.5 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Chestertown, NY - 38.3 miles

US-9

To: Queensbury, NY (v2) - 15.3 miles
Diversion: 3.3 miles
To: Chestertown, NY - 41.1 miles

V3 north of Saratoga Springs, NY. Perhaps relief for when Malta, NY is busy?

US-9 roughly parallels I-87N.

Not sure how I’m the first one to notice that this location is under way, but it is very much so! 8 pedestals in the ground. The transformer is in place, and being worked on as I write this (the doors of the main transformer are open and the meter box is laying next to it, with the National Grid folks onsite). No ETA, but I gotta think this one is close to being activated. Map marker can be changed to ‘under construction’. Note: Editor isn’t letting me attach/upload photo (says it’s too big). I will upload photo tonight from home.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tdreamer
Not sure how I’m the first one to notice that this location is under way, but it is very much so! 8 pedestals in the ground. The transformer is in place, and being worked on as I write this (the doors of the main transformer are open and the meter box is laying next to it, with the National Grid folks onsite). No ETA, but I gotta think this one is close to being activated. Map marker can be changed to ‘under construction’. Note: Editor isn’t letting me attach/upload photo (says it’s too big). I will upload photo tonight from home.
Appreciate the update. With the utility onsite adding the meter, that's probably pretty close to the final step in the process before Tesla can come and commission the site. Looking forward to the photo!

Last edited:
Stopped by this morning to check on progress. I noticed the Tesla logos were lit up on each stall, and the electric meter was installed on the transformer. So plugged in to see what would happen, and voila! Was able to successfully charge. Had a cold battery, so didn’t get much over 120kw, but that’s not the stations fault. Hasn’t been added to the Tesla nav yet, so not sure if we can consider this one officially open? (Will post photos tonight of me plugged in and charging. Running into the same upload problem for photo uploads.)