Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Breezewood, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Generally speaking, how long does it usually take to complete a supercharger install? Just purchased my 75D (expect delivery in August) and will be making this drive when I visit friends in Yinzertopia.

Generally Speaking... from permit to open can take between 2 and 24 months. I'm being serious... There is nothing close to a reliable timeline. I've seen some in permit status get canceled as well, to appear miles away a year later. I'd only ever plan on hitting ones your screen says are online. But, like most things, people quickly forget the before time. Imagine a world without cell phones?! *gasp*. It's hard right? Once it exists, it's presumed to have always existed.

Reactions: Drucifer
Agreed with above...it can take weeks even after it looks like the construction is complete. Laurel MD took weeks before final approval even after construction was complete. I too am hoping this gets done soon as I'm driving from PHL to Columbus OH in late July...fingers crossed.

You can park there and if you do you can get a parking violation according to local jurisdiction so you probably should not. It is also not nice to the person that needs to use that spot in order to be able to get in and out of their vehicle due to their condition.

You can park there and if you do you can get a parking violation according to local jurisdiction so you probably should not. It is also not nice to the person that needs to use that spot in order to be able to get in and out of their vehicle due to their condition.

So it's basically only a supercharger for handicap-placard bearing drivers, at that point. I would be pretty risk averse (on top of wanting to be courteous), so would likely never use it.

Reactions: vdiv
I went through there Thursday morning and two West Penn Power technicians were getting ready to install the transformer. The transformer is sitting on the trailer. I am assuming it is installed by now. They said that the station can only be powered up after the meter box gets the power meter. They pointed to the empty hole on the side of the main cabinet! Then it is a matter of inspection and approval. Laurel took a long time for that. I hope that it does not happen here.

Attachments

• transformer.jpg
    transformer.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 128
  • transformer2.jpg
    transformer2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 99
I went through there Thursday morning and two West Penn Power technicians were getting ready to install the transformer. The transformer is sitting on the trailer. I am assuming it is installed by now. They said that the station can only be powered up after the meter box gets the power meter. They pointed to the empty hole on the side of the main cabinet! Then it is a matter of inspection and approval. Laurel took a long time for that. I hope that it does not happen here.
The transformer was installed when I went through on Friday. I didn't notice whether the meter was.

Just passed through this past weekend. It looks done, but no power to the stalls yet (yes, I tried). ICE users seemed to be respecting the the spaces. It was a busy late morning and all regular spots were taken. People were even waiting for parking, but no one dared park at the Tesla SC's (well, except me ;)). Should be any day now!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170717_105754.jpg
    IMG_20170717_105754.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 82
Not yet powered on as of Fri, July 21. The screws in the back of the chargers have not yet been installed and some of the Parking signs still need to be installed. For the 10 minutes that I was there, people were respecting the 'reserved' spots and parking elsewhere.

Heads up as these are located near one of the entrance/exit lanes and can be very VERY busy at times. I find it better to enter and exit from the Sheetz just west of the traffic light (toward Best Western and Hardee's). The light tends to cause a bit of a delay and cars stack up trying to exit; however, there is no traffic light at the entrance/exit near Best Western/Hardee's and there is also no barrier in the road so you can head in either direction and save a fair amount of time from those waiting at the traffic light but sometimes it is all a matter of timing.

Breezewood_PA_2017-07-21.jpg

Oh, that's interesting! All the parking signs were on when I was there three weeks ago (see above). They must have reconsidered the "general parking" idea.

I actually double-checked the pics in the PlugShare app with those above and wondered why they removed some of the signs. In this pic, one of the red concrete posts in your pic is no longer red ... and is missing the sign that used to be in it. Very strange. You don't need to remove or repaint a concrete post to change a metal parking sign.

Breezewood_PA parking posts_2017-07-21.jpg

Maybe someone stole them/vandalized the posts. Or maybe they want to relocate them.

Not likely vandalized (at least the posts) as they are steel tubes filled with concrete. The ones posted originally show all of the posts painted red and signs on all of them as well as a No Parking sign and a Disabled sign but the Disabled sign is not there as of yesterday.

Here is a close-up of the post with the Disabled sign on it in previous pics as well as a zoomed-out view. No visible damage to this post and no obvious signs in the ground of recent work ... just some nice dark mulch everywhere. This post didn't have any concrete in it so the original one was removed for some reason.

Breezewood_PA parking post far away_2017-07-21.jpg

Breezewood_PA parking post close-up_2017-07-21.jpg