Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baltimore, MD - South Caton Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited Sat 3/20. I was only way there. Having this flagged on Tesla Nav site as "limited service"
must have scarred some people away. The forward pull-in unit was dead.

Note kayak in tow. Takes extra kWh to push that through the air.

IMG_7141.jpg

Reactions: PStewart and Cuttin
Visited Sat 3/20. I was only way there. Having this flagged on Tesla Nav site as "limited service"
must have scarred some people away. The forward pull-in unit was dead.

Note kayak in tow. Takes extra kWh to push that through the air.

View attachment 646636
Charged very well today. Might be my highest rate.

easy on/off 95.
Trailer pull in one was working now.
Run over charger from few weeks ago pictures seems to be fixed.

decent bathroom and great food options.
very quick walk.

Attachments

• 1B7909E9-669B-41E1-975D-F5E3AF8140AC.jpeg
    1B7909E9-669B-41E1-975D-F5E3AF8140AC.jpeg
    642.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 432E9292-5399-439B-9988-178EA53380C9.jpeg
    432E9292-5399-439B-9988-178EA53380C9.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 59
I just visited today, then I found this thread and was somewhat shocked to learn that the whole thing is less than two years old. The charger worked fine -- it was only slow for me because my car is old -- and all 5 appeared to be in good condition. The main area of the store seemed OK, not great, but the bathrooms were in bad shape despite requiring an employee to unlock them. Royal Farms locations are generally quite good in my experience, but this one was ... sketchy?

I haven't yet been to the Boston Street charger in Baltimore or the Van Dusen Rd charger in Laurel, but I've been to all the other chargers along I-95 between I-495 and Delaware, and I personally think they're all better places to stop, for what it's worth.

Reactions: mociaf9 and Lanny
I just visited today, then I found this thread and was somewhat shocked to learn that the whole thing is less than two years old. The charger worked fine -- it was only slow for me because my car is old -- and all 5 appeared to be in good condition. The main area of the store seemed OK, not great, but the bathrooms were in bad shape despite requiring an employee to unlock them. Royal Farms locations are generally quite good in my experience, but this one was ... sketchy?

I haven't yet been to the Boston Street charger in Baltimore or the Van Dusen Rd charger in Laurel, but I've been to all the other chargers along I-95 between I-495 and Delaware, and I personally think they're all better places to stop, for what it's worth.
Yeah. I don't think anyone is stopping in the great safe and clean city of Baltimore unless they HAVE to. Like I did, cuz I HAD to. But much better to stop there and get a charge then run out of charge near there...

Yeah. I don't think anyone is stopping in the great safe and clean city of Baltimore unless they HAVE to. Like I did, cuz I HAD to. But much better to stop there and get a charge then run out of charge near there...
There’s a nearby Baltimore supercharger at McHenry Row, literally less than 5 miles away, that’s in a MUCH nicer setting. And while the charger itself is slower and I don't think there's anything open to the public 24/7 there, the Harris Teeter is 7am-11pm. If forced to choose, I'd rather spend 30 minutes at McHenry Row than 5 minutes at South Caton Ave.

Baltimore as a whole certainly has plenty of problems, but like almost any city it has its nice parts and its crummy / sketchy parts.

Reactions: wilfred.gvl