Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping one of 3 purposed Super Stations; Atlanta, Greenville, or Chattanooga is operating before Aug. 28, so I can return Tampa in one day.

Drove from Tampa to Knoxville. The super charger stations in St Augustine, Tifton, and Macon worked great. Overnight charged on a Blink’s class 2 in the Chattanooga Residence Inn’s parking lot. If you plan on using a Blink Network charger; sign-up ahead of time: $1.00/hr., for a 16 miles/hr. charge rate.

I think Chattanooga will be the most likely as it starts construction tomorrow. However I have my doubts about the other two locations as they have dragged their feet through the permitting (Atlanta) and stalled construction (Greenville).

I think Chattanooga will be the most likely as it starts construction tomorrow. However I have my doubts about the other two locations as they have dragged their feet through the permitting (Atlanta) and stalled construction (Greenville).
Atlanta someone told that they just got thru the permits for atlantic station and that construction can start any moment now.

Atlanta someone told that they just got thru the permits for atlantic station and that construction can start any moment now.

Yes the permit for Atlanta is complete. However I'm making my judgement on the length of time it took to actually get the permit. I knew about the proposed location at the beginning of March. I wouldn't be surprised if construction is also slow due to whatever redtape is occurring in Atlantic Station.

Yes the permit for Atlanta is complete. However I'm making my judgement on the length of time it took to actually get the permit. I knew about the proposed location at the beginning of March. I wouldn't be surprised if construction is also slow due to whatever redtape is occurring in Atlantic Station.
Yah i think your right that the atlantic station might take a long time

I was led to believe they were hoping it to be done by mid-September. It's going to be on the ground floor in the parking deck. The Ga Power transformers will be upstairs. That's what they're waiting on. Then they'll run conduit down for the chargers. It's going to be under where the valet parking is now. Along a wall.

Atlantic Station has 2 hour free parking. This will be in a time metered area, but you should be able to charge within 2 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on...

i mid-spoke. I said mid-September. I should have said "mid-October".

Sorry, I got my months mixed up!

Thanks for the update. Very helpful. We should expect construction very soon then. (week or two)
I was led to believe they were hoping it to be done by mid-September. It's going to be on the ground floor in the parking deck. The Ga Power transformers will be upstairs. That's what they're waiting on. Then they'll run conduit down for the chargers. It's going to be under where the valet parking is now. Along a wall.

Atlantic Station has 2 hour free parking. This will be in a time metered area, but you should be able to charge within 2 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on...

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on...

Was excited for a second. :)

Per reports elsewhere, the location is on the P2 level, C aisle, orange columns, near spot 2208, northern edge of deck. It's going to be a tricky spot for Model S drivers to find, like pretty much any specific location within the A.S. deck. I wandered around there today and found that two small earthmovers and a lot of PVC conduit had been staged there.

Per reports elsewhere, the location is on the P2 level, C aisle, orange columns, near spot 2208, northern edge of deck. It's going to be a tricky spot for Model S drivers to find, like pretty much any specific location within the A.S. deck. I wandered around there today and found that two small earthmovers and a lot of PVC conduit had been staged there.

I posted the above on August 20th. This evening I returned to the same spot (on level P2, per above) to check progress. Whereas before I found the two small earthmovers and a lot of conduit, today I found nothing. Completely clean.

So I don't know where this supercharging site is going. I wandered around and didn't spot anything anywhere. The only thing to be seen is the Nissan Chademo construction up on level P1, next to the existing Chargepoint chargers.

So much for the construction permit being issued two months ago, and I have my doubts about mid-October completion. Well, it took a full year for the Chademo at 17th and State to get done, so this is still ahead of schedule :)