Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Anderson, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what’s got me flummoxed about this Supercharger installation? I don’t see any place to put the transformer. I don’t see a concrete pad or conduit.

4B202192-C5DD-4DA7-96A3-F3D5B576F004.jpeg D08E3F8B-188A-4624-A242-1C1A666C4B7C.jpeg

There is this spot nearby, but I really doubt that it’s a future home of a transformer, because there is no conduit plumbed:

3DEC5A44-D586-46D8-BCBB-AA7EDF0249D1.jpeg

You know what’s got me flummoxed about this Supercharger installation? I don’t see any place to put the transformer. I don’t see a concrete pad or conduit.

View attachment 979948 View attachment 979949

There is this spot nearby, but I really doubt that it’s a future home of a transformer, because there is no conduit plumbed:

View attachment 979950
Maybe that is what the meeting there today was about. There were like 10 people in a circle talking when I went by today. There was at least one person from PG&E, a PG&E truck was parked there and saw a person wearing a PG&E hardhat. Also saw 2 teslas parked in charging stalls that were part of the meeting groupSome other cars parked there most likely from other meeting participants.

• Informative
Reactions: zeptomoby
Could it be that this location has enough electrical power that a transformer is not needed? I guess time will tell.

Forgot to mention in my prior post that the contractor needs to get wheel stops installed here ASAP. The spots are open to anyone to park in them right now, but there is nothing to prevent vehicles from running into (or backing into) the charging posts.

Could it be that this location has enough electrical power that a transformer is not needed? I guess time will tell.

Forgot to mention in my prior post that the contractor needs to get wheel stops installed here ASAP. The spots are open to anyone to park in them right now, but there is nothing to prevent vehicles from running into (or backing into) the charging posts.
You 100% need a transformer. It's the only way you're going to get 2MW of energy delivered into the cabinets. As far as the bumpers..I THINK, I'll check tonight, they removed them from the Redding one a while back. So not sure if they're going to install them in Anderson or not either

Maybe that is what the meeting there today was about. There were like 10 people in a circle talking when I went by today. There was at least one person from PG&E, a PG&E truck was parked there and saw a person wearing a PG&E hardhat. Also saw 2 teslas parked in charging stalls that were part of the meeting groupSome other cars parked there most likely from other meeting participants.
That would be my guess. The approved plans show the transformer being placed behind the cabinets on a concrete pad that hasn't been placed/constructed yet. Hopefully when they did the concrete pad for the cabinets, they stubbed out the necessary conduit and capped it to tie into the transformer in the future.
Cottonwood Transformer Location.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: zeptomoby
Talked to the contractor who put in the Anderson site. He said the hold up is due to PG&E. Said that the location for the transformer in the original plan didn't work out due to a huge 3 foot deep concrete slab just under the ground where the transformer was suppose to go. Guess there has been a hang-up in coming up with a new location for the transformer. Guess that might have been the subject of the meeting I saw there a couple of weeks ago. o idea when the Anderson site will go online but everything is ready to go except for the transformer and hooking the power up to the charging cabinets.

Drove past the Anderson site yesterday. Looks like progress is being made to install the transformer. Say where two holds have been dug with orange snow fencing around the holes. I'm guessing one hole is for the transformer platform and the second hole is for the platformfor the equipment that ties into the grid. I plan on going back today to take a closer look

Any word on what's going on with this one? it's been almost a year now since it first popped up on Supercharge.info. I would have thought it would be on line by now since the transformer has been there over 2 months. Must still have some issue that hasn't been worked out yet.

Any word on what's going on with this one? it's been almost a year now since it first popped up on Supercharge.info. I would have thought it would be on line by now since the transformer has been there over 2 months. Must still have some issue that hasn't been worked out yet.
This setup was a massive goat %6ck. It is not Tesla's fault but on PGE's.

Appears to be exactly nothing so far. No trenching to power the stalls from the transformer done yet. Light stantions still in the dirt, all dispensers still bagged .

Attachments

• 20240215_135847.jpg
    20240215_135847.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240215_135937.jpg
    20240215_135937.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 25
Yes, its open and works. I stopped last Friday (March 29) before I left town. It showed up on my wife's location when I checked to see if she was till at Safeway in Anderson (she has a Model 3). I went over the next morning to check. It did not show up on the map in my car, so I had no way to precondition as I drove over. I only live about 5 miles from here, so I was just curious to see if it was working. Nice to have another spot in case PGE turns my house off (which hasn't happened for 4 year now...so that's good!). There is still a light pole to install and some other site improvements, but the chargers work. 2 people were icing out 2 stalls when I was there because they had never been used I guess? Anyway......more on the I-5 corridor.

Attachments

• 20240329_091424.jpg
    20240329_091424.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240329_091416.jpg
    20240329_091416.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240329_091451.jpg
    20240329_091451.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240329_091442.jpg
    20240329_091442.jpg