Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The title of the person to contact is a "Sr. Leasing Manager" with Tesla. Guessing this is like previous issues with this location and Tesla failing to pay their bills and not a permanent closure, yet. Unless they finally are done with Tesla this time. I can't imagine Tesla knowingly would shut down this location prior to the other one being completed. But who really knows anymore.

Reactions: KJD and Matsayz
The title of the person to contact is a "Sr. Leasing Manager" with Tesla. Guessing this is like previous issues with this location and Tesla failing to pay their bills and not a permanent closure, yet. Unless they finally are done with Tesla this time. I can't imagine Tesla knowingly would shut down this location prior to the other one being completed. But who really knows anymore.
Elon doesn't even want to pay contractors or for office space rent at twitter. I wouldn't doubt he's doing the same thing here. Just don't pay, until they make you. My guess is, it'll be open in a month or two.

I'm surprised to see the closure of the C-Springs supercharger. However, that might explain the new supercharger coming up on Briargate Pkwy. I couldn't understand why they were building a new supercharger so close to the downtown location.
If this is a permanent closure, I-25 traffic won't see a big impact with the new station opening. But east-west traffic on US-24 will certainly be impacted.

Reactions: DeepBlueMN
I'm surprised to see the closure of the C-Springs supercharger. However, that might explain the new supercharger coming up on Briargate Pkwy. I couldn't understand why they were building a new supercharger so close to the downtown location.
If this is a permanent closure, I-25 traffic won't see a big impact with the new station opening. But east-west traffic on US-24 will certainly be impacted
Not to mention the fact that there is currently zero SCs in COS. This is crazy.

Reactions: what-mmc-recal
I hated that downtown SC.

A natural place to site an SC is the University Village shopping and dining complex on Nevada. Easy access from south bound I-25 (take Nevada exit). Not so bad for north bound I-25 (take GoG east bound exit).

Glad a better location is coming
We found a permit for that location nearly 3 years ago but they must've stopped plans on putting one there.

So it’s still live, is the sign still up?

C593FE6B-0995-4B6C-97FD-A0F0958A3A16.png

I wonder how petty the parking garage owner thinks Tesla is and how petty Tesla thinks the parking garage is. I would love to be a fly in the wall when they start yelling at each other about paying electric/rent bills. Seems juvenile to let it get so far as to make people think they won't have a way to super charge, unless they drive 20 miles north.

I wonder how petty the parking garage owner thinks Tesla is and how petty Tesla thinks the parking garage is. I would love to be a fly in the wall when they start yelling at each other about paying electric/rent bills. Seems juvenile to let it get so far as to make people think they won't have a way to super charge, unless they drive 20 miles north.
I bet it's Tesla. I don't understand how the CEO is thaaaaaaaat in the weeds so it's gotta be all the middle mgmt who seem to be in constant turnover. I thought the Military has burned me out after almost 20yrs but damn Tesla has some churn! That garage makes bank, perfect location to all the good stuff downtown

I feel like its the same for the Beaver, UT SuC a few years ago...Tesla waits for the last minute to pay their bills lol

From my understanding, the Beaver, UT situation was actually a miscommunication between the father and son who owned the host business/site. Tesla had been sending payments to the son and the father was evidently unaware and quite upset. The saga is detailed in the Beaver Supercharger thread for anyone interested. The relationship seems to have greatly improved, with the owners closing the car wash and allowing Tesla to do a massive expansion.

Last edited:
We charged about two weeks ago, not our favorite location but happy to have one. Interestingly, there was a Tesla in a stall, NOT plugged in for the 30 min we were there. Question: is there a term for ICEing a stall by an EV vehicle? It’s particularly annoying as there location was very fully. Took a photo with license plate but hesitate to post. Appreciate feedback, comments.

We charged about two weeks ago, not our favorite location but happy to have one. Interestingly, there was a Tesla in a stall, NOT plugged in for the 30 min we were there. Question: is there a term for ICEing a stall by an EV vehicle? It’s particularly annoying as there location was very fully. Took a photo with license plate but hesitate to post. Appreciate feedback, comments.
You should plug that car in so that they will have to pay idle fees.