Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super update with new features!! 2023.44.25

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried the new update in rain? Some said that the auto-wipers work better now. Any experiences?
Yes, tried. No, not any better.

I have no idea why they are not taking training data from users that 1) have it enabled and 2) manually trigger wipers. Then training the algorithm to engage in similar conditions.

That said, wipers have to be insanely hard. Because what one person thinks the wipers should engage, another would say they are able to drive through that just fine.

That's actually awesome!.. I watched one youtube video, and noticed in the video that the wipers worked reaallllly good under light rain.

As someone new to Tesla, I actually love what Tesla did in this update.... the rear Bluetooth headphones, etc, good job Tesla...
Mine seemed to work reasonably well the last time I tried them, but even my model 3 would have days where the wipers seemed reasonably competent and others where it would go to the usual dry wiping constantly in the day time. So still too early to judge for me.

Yes, tried. No, not any better.

I have no idea why they are not taking training data from users that 1) have it enabled and 2) manually trigger wipers. Then training the algorithm to engage in similar conditions.

That said, wipers have to be insanely hard. Because what one person thinks the wipers should engage, another would say they are able to drive through that just fine.
Some problems with them are just that. How often and how fast the wipers should go varies greatly among drivers, so you won’t be able to satisfy everyone.