Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon differences in Canada (is now available)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Away this week with my car sitting in the garage back home but I haven't received the software notification through the app yet. Has anyone not gotten 126 in Canada yet? I know rollouts are progressive but there seemed to have been an uptick in 126 sightings on this board over the last couple of days so I wondered if this is one that gets more of a fast push out.
I received the 7.1 (2.12.126) update early a.m. on Mar 1st and can confirm it includes Summon for Canada

edit: finally gave Summon a try this am - I also confirm you can only summon via the mobile app, but not by using the key fob press or double-tapping the Park button

Last edited:
Reactions: SSD420
Happy to hear you got it, though it is making me feel even more lonely in the 'no update corner' over here. ;-)

I do see a practical use for it in my case. I park at work in a very tight spot between a cement wall and a column with limited visibility as to incoming cars when trying to exit the spot. Not having to open the door in this constrained space would be nice, as would be summoning the car out of the spot while being able to clearly see that no vehicle is coming.

Fingers crossed that I'll see an update notification soon. If anyone else is still waiting for the update in Canada, please pipe in so I know I'm not alone. ;-)

Tried Summons in my driveway today. Not ready for prime time. Half way down the driveway the switch from WiFi to LTE occurred and connectivity was lost. Screen re-booted and then constant beep tone until I rebooted again. I then tried it while sitting in the car and it worked BUT I could have done it manually without the App on the phone.

Tried Summons in my driveway today. Not ready for prime time. Half way down the driveway the switch from WiFi to LTE occurred and connectivity was lost. Screen re-booted and then constant beep tone until I rebooted again. I then tried it while sitting in the car and it worked BUT I could have done it manually without the App on the phone.

Interesting. Haven't received the summon update yet but the switch from WiFi to LTE wouldn't be an issue for me because I still get WiFi driving off in the actual street. And at work, there's strong LTE signal, even in the underground garage. These would be the two places I'd use it regularly.

I guess one option for you would be a stronger WiFi router (or placing it closer to your garage).

I have the same problem of LTE changing over to Wifi and hence summon stopping half way through the garage. Also, it looks like summon looks for the key fob to be in the car's vicinity - kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Anyone know about autopark in Canada? I have been going slow at parking spots but it does not seem to recognize empty parking spots.

First of all it is intended for private property only and a parking lot is private property.
Lots of people hit something or someone even without "Summon" capability. The Tesla sensors probably are a better recognition "cocoon" than the peripheral vision and reaction time of some drivers.
Either way you are in control and accountable.
Using the feature is a personal decision.
Anybody know why it is not available in our liberal country?

Code hasn't been translated to Canadian? ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: Footbag