Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion Box: What colors would you like Tesla to add?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So which colors should be removed? Typical auto manufacturers replace colors for new model year, not just add them (excluding the custom color option, if they go that route, the choices increase dramatically). So for every new one, which one would you like pulled from the palette?

That's tough, because I like all of them. But, if pushed, I would probably say that I think Silver should be dropped. If you look at the original prototype cars, they had a different, slightly darker and more metallic silver, which I preferred to the production version.

Nothing against folks here who choose silver! I think it's very nice and having seen one on the road I quite liked it.

try this: TESLA - Model S - Dream Color Maker created by tomanik and post your favorit screen shot here. Include color values for others to experiment. My favorite: Contrast=0 Hue=45 Brightness=34 Saturation=142 Alpha=100
Whatcha think about this one, VolkerP?
0 / 290 / 128 / -100 / 300 / 75

And if you like a two-tone texture, check this one out:
0 / 71 / 128 / -1 / 140 / 100

Last edited:
Aubergine (eggplant) and green olive - you clearly have a Mediterranean produce fixation :biggrin:
300px-Aubergine.jpg
spanish-olives.jpg

I believe that is Scuba Blue. I just took deliver of one with a black convertible top and titanium gray interior for the Mrs. Great color combination.
Greetings,

I think Tesla has selected an attractive set of colors for the Model S debut, but I am struck by the lack of any light/bright colors among the cars being delivered in 2012. (White and silver are certainly "light", but they are on the white/black spectrum -- I'm referring here to "colors" that are not some variation of white or black.)

I know (Sunset) Red will debut in 2013, and I'm hoping that it will be the first of a series of brighter colors in the Model S lineup. I thought it would be interesting to talk about what colors we as future owners would like to see. Maybe these choices will actually be available to some of us. (I will be choosing from the set of 8 available to early production buyers.)

So, I'll start! Personally, I wish for a bright blue, not unlike the "Estoril Blue" that I used to have on my BMW M3 back in 1996. Or, like the Audi A5 I saw today (photo below). Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a Model S in the bright orange that I've seen on an Aston Martin Rapide, but I don't know if I'd be able to bite the bullet and actually buy it! :)

Anybody else?

View attachment 8700

As mentioned elsewhere, IMO, as "Sig" Red is the only colour unique to Sigs, it needs to be made available to Production as well.

2013 is far too "fire engine" hot red. Cherry red (sig) is far more subtle.

I don't like cars that scream "look at me"; I cost an arm and a leg.

(Oops, the S will!)

As far as I am concerned, if I bought into the SIG program, the only benefit would have been TIME.

Given that black and other colors are available for both production and sig, it does not make sense.

As mentioned elsewhere, IMO, as "Sig" Red is the only colour unique to Sigs, it needs to be made available to Production as well.

2013 is far too "fire engine" hot red. Cherry red (sig) is far more subtle.

I don't like cars that scream "look at me"; I cost an arm and a leg.

(Oops, the S will!)

As far as I am concerned, if I bought into the SIG program, the only benefit would have been TIME.

Given that black and other colors are available for both production and sig, it does not make sense.

Tesla promised an exclusive color and to some people who have been waiting over 3 years, it likely wouldn't sit well if they took away really the only exclusive feature of the Signature and put it in general production. If they greatly reduced the Signature premium from over $5,000 then maybe. I do hope they offer a darker red in the general production but they probably won't offer the exact Signature red ever (or at least not for years).