Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden battery drain after 2024.2.7 upgrade - related?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks:

I've been away from home for a couple of weeks, and have my 2022 Model 3 parked in my garage unplugged. Range when I left was ~250 mi. A couple of days ago, I looked on the app and the range is down to 70 mi! This is alarming to say the least. Garage temps have been in the low 50s, as I've been checking regularly. I did have my vehicle in for annual maintenance the day prior to my leaving town, if that has anything to do with it.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to get a chart of the battery charge over the past 2 weeks so I can see how this happened? Thanks!

You most probably have something that is keeping the car awake. Usual suspect is Sentry mode, make sure that is off in the car. If you turn it off in the mobile app it's temporary.
Otherwise every time you open your Tesla mobile app you wake the car up and it stays awake for a little while. Don't check too often.

Reactions: htfdcolt
You most probably have something that is keeping the car awake. Usual suspect is Sentry mode, make sure that is off in the car. If you turn it off in the mobile app it's temporary.
Otherwise every time you open your Tesla mobile app you wake the car up and it stays awake for a little while. Don't check too often.
Good suggestion, I'll check...but I did have my Sentry settings so that it does not activate at my home location. Do you think this could have been reset with either the software upgrade, or the service performed the day before I left?