Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non random battery drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the recently new owner of a 4 year old M3P and have noticed a very consistent battery drain issue. I've been reading threads on here for weeks and still can't figure this one out.

Every Wednesday, my battery 'loses' 4% while parked (not plugged in) at my work.

I downloaded teslafi to see if it gave me any more insight and all I can see is that I lose 4% while parked and the vehicle is sleeping.
Sentry mode is disabled and I don't have the self summon.
I raised a service ticket with Tesla and they said there is nothing abnormal in the log and it must just be the battery (bms) recalculating the actual available charge.
Bur every Wednesday (3 in a row) and always 4%. This surely can't be right.

Does anyone else have similar experience and importantly, has anyone found a fix (or at least the cause)?

Appreciate any help you can give.

Reactions: GoergeJetson
Another update, two days in a row I had 0% energy loss while parked at work for 9 hours. What changed? I changed my navigation destination to an address that I pass by before turning into my work address. This seems to end navigation and when I park the car, it goes to sleep and doesn't lose the 5%-6% of energy that I was losing on a daily basis, sometimes that much in the first few hours of being parked. I am not totally convinced I found the issue but this is the first time I've lost 0% energy while parked at work two days in a row. I think if I can experience no energy loss for 3 consecutive days or even full a week, I will have found the culprit, a bug in the software not allowing the car to sleep due to the nav system keeping the car awake, or on stand-by, while parked. I will update this thread again in another week or so.

Upvote 0