Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subwoofer Options for Model S (standard Audio)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately the shop I had do my install (Driven Mobile) has since closed. You could try Safe & Sound in Chantilly. Matt Schaffer has not been there in many years, but they were still familiar with Teslas back in early 2020 and should be able to take care of it. That said, there is probably at least one competent shop on your side of the river though.

Unfortunately the shop I had do my install (Driven Mobile) has since closed. You could try Safe & Sound in Chantilly. Matt Schaffer has not been there in many years, but they were still familiar with Teslas back in early 2020 and should be able to take care of it. That said, there is probably at least one competent shop on your side of the river though.
Great,

Great thank you, will definitely check them out. I wanted a place with experience so they don't screw things up and I end up worse off because I wanted a sound upgrade! Not about to give up the car, still got free supercharging. Will provide updates when I go there, much appreciated

Assuming I used all the equipment that came with the NVX kit and swapped out only the sub, would something like the JL Audio 10W3v3-4 be a huge upgrade over the NVX or just marginal?

Secondly, is there any way to add a second one in the other subby on the passenger side?

The JL 10W3v3 has a 14mm xmax while the NVX VCW104 will do 22mm. Though there's more to a driver than its excursion, if you're looking for a boost in output, I would not swap the sub in the NVX enclosure. The difference is likely to be marginal at best, and possibly even worse sounding. The NVX sub is pretty good, actually. If you want to run a different sub, I would start with a custom enclosure right from the start.

You could swap the driver in the stock sub enclosure or build a custom enclosure if you want to run more than one sub, but the NVX enclosure only fits on the left.