Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Stop" driving mode coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the best features of our '3" is the recently-made-available "Stop" mode, whereby the brake pedal is rarely used. It is always a shock when I drive our "S" and find so much less regenerative braking and have to use the brake pedal. It seems to me that the feature could be retrofitted to even our 2014, AP1, "S." Has anybody learned whether Tesla has given any thought to this upgrade? Is it mechanically possible?

I have a 2020 Long Range + and the regen is amazing! If you have the mode set to "Hold" it will bring the car to a complete stop and hold you at a stop until you press on the accelerator. No need to use the brakes at all, unless for emergency braking. Very different experience than my 2013 P85.

Reactions: TimMS
Would love to have the front motor swappable for this on my 2017 X but I bet the cost would be even more insane than the MCU 1 upgrade. But it would about the last thing missing to make the car current! (I think the batteries are actually not that big of a difference.)

AP can bring the car to a stop so it is technically possible.

It's a matter of having to modify the code for cars without a PM front motor (pre-Raven S and X) to blend in the use of friction brakes at slower speeds. Tesla probably doesn't want to do it or is constrained by limited MCU1 eMMC space.