Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still Waiting for Elon's Blog Post on Autopilot Update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling that something is up and it's not that rocket crash. I suspect some AP feature may potentially be deferred and Elon Musk wants to have more visibility before blogging on this.

I think it is entirely the SpaceX incident which is a huge threat to their future if not properly handled. Elon is probably spending a lot of time on the phone to future customers, dealing with the demands of the involved customers, not to mention staying involved in the investigation.

Have a little patience.

It must be a VERY long weekend, in the US of A!!
I have no doubt that the Space x thing is a major cause, but one has to wonder whether engineering waylaid him and told him to hold back.
Otherwise, I am certain he could have delegated the task, and simply vetted the result, a matter of minutes of his time.
Basically, other than enthusiasts, this kind of thing shoots up his reputation and certainly does nothing for the share price.

I think it is entirely the SpaceX incident which is a huge threat to their future if not properly handled. Elon is probably spending a lot of time on the phone to future customers, dealing with the demands of the involved customers, not to mention staying involved in the investigation.

Have a little patience.
Except that SpaceX incident happened AFTER the initial deadline Elon set for himself. Maybe reading Elon this thread has caused the delay too.:p

Reactions: Matias and MarkS22
It must be a VERY long weekend, in the US of A!!
I have no doubt that the Space x thing is a major cause, but one has to wonder whether engineering waylaid him and told him to hold back.
Otherwise, I am certain he could have delegated the task, and simply vetted the result, a matter of minutes of his time.
Basically, other than enthusiasts, this kind of thing shoots up his reputation and certainly does nothing for the share price.
Did Elon say which weekend? There are plenty of weekends left before the Sun goes supernova swallowing the Earth.

Reactions: Mike K
Did Elon say which weekend? There are plenty of weekends left before the Sun goes supernova swallowing the Earth.

I believe the Earth gets swallowed during the red giant phase. Furthermore, supposedly the sun isn't massive enough to go supernova. I think it's supposed to become a white dwarf.

It should be noted that the habital zone supposedly creeps outward as the sun ages and before it becomes a red giant; Earth should fall out of the habital zone and Mars should be in the habital zone before the red giant days. So putting people on Mars should be an expected outcome if we assume our civilization isn't ended by other means and that we haven't found a way to escape our biological bodies. Elon just wants to do it sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Ok, even I'm going to go back on my original comments and say this is kind of ridiculous. I'm cool with it not dropping but at least acknowledge that it's delayed. It's really poor optics to say you're going to do it, miss the deadline, say the deadline is pushed back and then just allow another week to pass without so much as another excuse.

I love Elon. I have a serious businessman crush on Elon but he really does need a handler to slap him on the hand sometimes and say no, don't do that. And not even because I really care about what he's going to announce but I care about the company and the optics of this for buyers and investors alike aren't good. He needlessly makes himself an easy target of criticism.

I see Elons announcements as just stating his intentions, and if some bigger/more important stuff comes in the way it may fall to the wayside. But he obviously honestly is wanting to make his intentions into reality, but the order and timing might not come about as said.

He's excited about every project planned/performed and want to share the excitement with everyone that cares. I think that is commendable.

But, stuff happens. I can just see to myself: I have wanted for the longest time to make some shelves for our shoes so they just don't lie in a big pile on the hallway floor. But I've had a bunch of other smaller but more pressing or cooler stuff to tend to so the shelves had to wait.

When I get around to it though, there will be the awesomest shelves in history, I tell you!

So take my small world projects and multiply them by a million awesome units, and you'll have Elons share of stuff...

And, mind you, they have delivered long range (comparatively affordable), *compelling* electric cars (and charging infrastructure) way way earlier than the rest of the auto industry. In fact, we are still waiting for the rest of the auto industry to do *anything* coherent and substantial.

A blog post being delayed for a week or two is not that big of a deal in that setting, -it is still happening, or something cooler will. I'd rather see that Elon shares his plans and excitement and maybe misses a "deadline" than keeping mum or just speaking about vetted mundane middle-of-the-road stuff.

What he meant by crazy lately? Here is the explanation: He found out lately that the recent news about Russian scientists detected signal from UFO is for real. Busy talking to the aliens now, and asking them why humanity is in their simulation. In the work of getting a good translator that speaks the same language. Questioning on whether we need to colonize Mars after all since the humanity simulation will end someday anyway. He got very disappointed on the thought that he won't be able to use his Iron Man metal suit to fly to Mars again. What Auto-pilot software update? It is on the back-burner now. ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
What he meant by crazy lately? Here is the explanation: He found out lately that the recent news about Russian scientists detected signal from UFO is for real. Busy talking to the aliens now, and asking them why humanity is in their simulation. In the work of getting a good translator that speaks the same language. Questioning on whether we need to colonize Mars after all since the humanity simulation will end someday anyway. He got very disappointed on the thought that he won't be able to use his Iron Man metal suit to fly to Mars again. What Auto-pilot software update? It is on the back-burner now. ;-)
Works for me.