Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Steering rack part number confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won't bother you with the details, but my M3P needs a new steering rack.
Because of my insurance trying to get out of paying me (as insurances always do), I will probably have to pay for all of it myself.
The steering rack is quite an expensive part and if I let Tesla do it will cost me EUR 3,360.

I am considering getting a steering rack from a salvage part supplier and I know someone who can fit it for me in his free time.
I have gone through the instructions and it is not too difficult a job (Tesla quotes only 1 hour to remove and replace it!)
All in all this will probably save me EUR 1,800.

My question is as follows:
The Tesla quote has part number 1044832-00-A for the steering rack and my car is from december 2020. This part number is also found in the online parts catalog.
The salvage part I found has part number 1044831-90 and this is supposed to be from a 2022 M3P (so newer than mine) with only 1,500 miles.

How can I find out if these parts are 100% compatible?

BTW, my car is out of warranty so that is not a concern.

Compatibility is listed in the catalog when you click the blue "S". For 1044832-00-A you see this:
1711475440239.png

• Informative
Reactions: Gtech
Thank you for your answer.
I don't see the blue 'S' you refer to on my screen?

That still leaves me with the question whether part number 1044831-90-H (made in China on the stikcer) is 100% compatible with 1044832-00A?
My car was made in the USA.