Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Steering Rack Creaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! Just dropped my car off at a local Mech, My car was making clanking noises when I turned at low speed and when I was on the highway going over small bumps I was hearing some metal clanking. They said it was my steering rack, at first I thought it was my balljoints/control arms. Anyway they said they couldn't fix it due to a steering rack needing to be programmed?? I was lost anyways I setup an appointment with Tesla for this coming Thursday but I'm not really sure how much it's going to run me. Anybody have an experience replacing a steering rack? Estimate says $200 which is cool but I highly doubt it..