Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering rack part number confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won't bother you with the details, but my M3P needs a new steering rack.
Because of my insurance trying to get out of paying me (as insurances always do), I will probably have to pay for all of it myself.
The steering rack is quite an expensive part and if I let Tesla do it will cost me EUR 3,360.

I am considering getting a steering rack from a salvage part supplier and I know someone who can fit it for me in his free time.
I have gone through the instructions and it is not too difficult a job (Tesla quotes only 1 hour to remove and replace it!)
All in all this will probably save me EUR 1,800.

My question is as follows:
The Tesla quote has part number 1044832-00-A for the steering rack and my car is from december 2020. This part number is also found in the online parts catalog.
The salvage part I found has part number 1044831-90 and this is supposed to be from a 2022 M3P (so newer than mine) with only 1,500 miles.

How can I find out if these parts are 100% compatible?

BTW, my car is out of warranty so that is not a concern.

Compatibility is listed in the catalog when you click the blue "S". For 1044832-00-A you see this:
1711475440239.png

• Informative
Reactions: Gtech
Thank you for your answer.
I don't see the blue 'S' you refer to on my screen?

That still leaves me with the question whether part number 1044831-90-H (made in China on the stikcer) is 100% compatible with 1044832-00A?
My car was made in the USA.