Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoops... maybe I should've put the above in a spoiler tag.

The below is safe to see if you've finished the S2 finale.
368337643_743340414468693_4920426272406744620_n.jpg

"Filming for the 10-episode season is scheduled for just over 5 months, and will wrap on May 21, 2024. Strange New Worlds is produced at CBS Stages Canada in Mississauga, Ontario just outside of Toronto. Production on season 3 was originally going to begin in May of this year, but was put on hold due to the WGA strike and then extended by the SAG-AFTRA strike. In an interview over the summer, Chris Fisher told TrekMovie he was set to direct the first episode and they’d been just one day away from flying in the actors before they shut down in May of this year."

Reactions: jebinc

Strange New Worlds scratches the itch for the fans of TOS that hasn't been addressed by any of the spinoffs. I'm a smorgasbord ST fan, I have liked elements of all the series, though Enterprise was pretty bad the first two seasons. Like many early Gen X and late Boomers I grew up watching the TOS re-runs and never thought that universe was ever going to be addressed again until 1979 when a so-so movie was made and thing started happening again. We had so little in the way of options for TV back then that even the kids who cared little about science fiction knew all the ST characters.

Lower Decks is sort of the opposite end of the spectrum for ST fans. It's got lots of inside jokes that only serious ST fans would get. My partner was familiar with TOS and started watching ST with me with Voyager, but she doesn't know much about TNG, DS9, or the movies. She doesn't like Lower Decks because the jokes go right over her head.

I have got her mildly interested in DS9. She likes political shows and that is the most political of the shows in the ST universe.

They could spin off Lower Decks with Boimler and Marriner into a live action show. From the crossover episode with Strange New Worlds the actors actually look close enough to their animated characters that they could pull it off. The actor who plays Rutherford is Fillipino and looks nothing like him. They might be able to make the actress who plays Tendi look like her animated character, she'd have to be green anyway.