Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

txsme

Sep 11, 2017
Italy
Hi!
i would like to order my second Tesla! I have a 75D Model S.
You know if Standard Range have a 100kWh battery software locked or is a classic 75kWh?
Speed on Supercharger is 145kW and 200kW on V3?
Thanks

Hi!
i would like to order my second Tesla! I have a 75D Model S.
You know if Standard Range have a 100kWh battery software locked or is a classic 75kWh?
Speed on Supercharger is 145kW and 200kW on V3?
Thanks
75kWh.
Tesla didnt specifically say that the new charging speed is only applicable to long range, so I would think both long and standard range will receive the faster charging speed.

75kWh.
Tesla didnt specifically say that the new charging speed is only applicable to long range, so I would think both long and standard range will receive the faster charging speed.
According to electrek, the recent update will only be for the LR battery:

"At the time, Tesla said that it will increase from 120 kW to 145 kW, but now a Tesla spokesperson confirmed to Electrek that they have been able to push the new peak charge rate to 150 kW.

With a new software update coming out this week, Model 3 Long Range vehicles, as well as Model S and Model X vehicles with 100 kWh battery packs, are going to be able to take advantage of the new 150 kW charge rate.

The automaker says that it will continue to validate other versions of its vehicles in order for them to also achieve a higher charge rate."
The Supercharging profile for even a new SR battery is likely to be less than the 200kW-capable LR battery.