Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stagger or no Stagger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@AMPUP Good point about the Hancocks. I will look into that.
I am a believer in the staggered setup on the P85+. The fierce power on the rear axel needs all the beef it can get. (i.e. Porsche). The original P85Ds did also have the staggered wheel sizes. But they have now moved to 245s all around. Squaring it off for easy rotating. Okay on an AWD. But not good on a RWD. Interesting point on remounting for rotating. Had not thought about that. Thanks.

Love my staggered p85+ I have hankooks with 275 on the backs, no real spin out anymore since switching from pilots

With my new wheels being made, still haven't decided on which rubber to put on. Michelin PSS's were the first choice but are sold out with no ETA. Next choice was ContiExtreme DW's for their wet traction, noise, and treadlife. Third were the Hankook Ventus. Anyone have any input on the latter of the two? I will be going as close to, depending on which size is available by manufacturer, 245/40/20 for the front, 285/35/20 in the rear.

Considering that the 21" Wheels are 95% purchased for the looks and 5% for the performance... I say staggered as the staggered looks better than non-staggered. The ability to rotate tires is not a good enough reason to sacrifice looks IMO. If you don't care too much about the esthetics of the vehicle then the 19's are fine.

just purchased ADV10 MV2 matte black 20's.....20x9, 20x10.5....tires are 245/35/20, and 275/35/20...cant wait for them to come in!

Let us know how it goes. I bought these exact same wheels last year. At the end, I put the OEM back because it seems the weight of the car can be an issue. I drove 20000 miles on them and they were all deformed, very uncomfortable. I had them repaired and reformed but I can still feel the vibration.

I'm not sure I would go with ADV1 anymore. They were suggesting to go the SL route and reduce wheight from the wheel be removing extra material. I told them that I was a bit afraid they would not sustain the vehicle weight. It seems I was right.