Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fully agree with Kim T.

I work as an IT manager, and at my company, we never release any software ahead of big holidays for the same reason Kim mentioned, so I have full understanding for Tesla, and would definitely wait for them to fully test the new version before releasing it. Even releasing a minor "service release" would require good testing to be sure that it does not change or interfere with other functions in the car.

Hi guys, just saw this image online. Not sure if it is genuine.
imagejpeg

Looks like a very, very bad photoshop job from the Spotify iOS-interface. Obviously, the buttons at the top and bottom would be useless on the Tesla instrument cluster.

I thought that too, but, you never know lol.

Any news on when Spotify will be released? I read Monday on a national news paper here in the UK.

I hope Tesla start to promote more Apps and Software for the system...

I just got an e-mail from Tesla (mailinglist) that in the next update there will be Spotify integration! Did anybody else get it?

This is the kind of thing that I just think puts Tesla above and beyond the reach of the GMs, Fords, Mercedes, and BMWs - this wireless update or OTA updates as you TMC folks call them. Absolutely amazing.

106 days and counting . . .

Found some options while snooping around the CID (root) that allow Spotify to be enabled. Clicking Accept does not create an account, however in the radio app settings it is possible to input an actual name/password. The free account doesn't work, anyone want me to try their premium account? :)

So it does indeed look like its coming soon.

This was on 7.1 (2.18.18) in the US...

20160809_032602.jpg

Found some options while snooping around the CID (root) that allow Spotify to be enabled. Clicking Accept does not create an account, however in the radio app settings it is possible to input an actual name/password. The free account doesn't work, anyone want me to try their premium account? :)

View attachment 189398
Sweet!

View attachment 189398
oh HELL YEA!!!!!

View attachment 189398

Clicking accept worked for me, but it did lock up and reboot the CID. Once it came back account info was populated and it worked.

Can someone tell me the latest on the Spotify app for Model S? Also, I read that Tesla would be paying for premium Spotify, in which case there is no point in upgrading to premium myself. I just bought my Model S 3 weeks ago and am still getting it setup and learning the nuances. However, I would definitely prefer Spotify to Slacker.

Here in Australia we have Spotify through a Tesla account that has Premium features in that it has no ads. It's unclear what the sampling rate is though so it may not be the same 320 rate as a true Premium account. In addition though I use my own premium account as the Tesla account doesn't allow you to create playlists in the car. It also means that I can also use my phone Spotify to control the car Spotify so it becomes a remote control for back seat passengers