Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] Big price drop for used MS after battery day announcements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why an announcement during battery day would reduce the price of a used model s. If anything I would think that it would increase it.

Perhaps the announcement will be a commitment to cheaper high quality batteries for all their older vehicles. A 2013 ms with a 60khw battery would look quite a bit more appealing if I can drop a 100khw in there for $5000.

I don't know why an announcement during battery day would reduce the price of a used model s. If anything I would think that it would increase it.

Perhaps the announcement will be a commitment to cheaper high quality batteries for all their older vehicles. A 2013 ms with a 60khw battery would look quite a bit more appealing if I can drop a 100khw in there for $5000.

One idea...to counter the Osborne effect of new improvements to the MS.

What time will the Battery Day announcements happen?
I am inappropriately excited to hear what Musk has up his sleeve, and am considering whether to get up in the middle of the night to watch it live from here in Sydney...

Same here. It should not be much more exciting than Autonomy Day, but you never know...

Shareholders meeting starts at 1:30 PM US Pacific Time. Not sure how long the meeting lasts, then the battery presentation is right after.

Might want to set the alarm clock. You don't want to wake up and find 200,000 people ahead of you on a product reservation. It is sure to happen if you sleep through it.

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
Same here. It should not be much more exciting than Autonomy Day, but you never know...

Shareholders meeting starts at 1:30 PM US Pacific Time. Not sure how long the meeting lasts, then the battery presentation is right after.

Might want to set the alarm clock. You don't want to wake up and find 200,000 people ahead of you on a product reservation. It is sure to happen if you sleep through it.
I assume this is a joke. Just like Tesla’s concept of a reservation queue.

I heard from Tesla representative used MS are going to face big price drop tomorrow after battery day announcements. Anyone heard same?
I was planing to get new MY but now MS 2018 would be in same price range.
There is going to be so much disappointment on this forum tomorrow. It’s gonna be extra.

I’ve heard everything from “major price drops” to “major range increases” to “Tesla is already installing roadrunner cells in production cars, limiting their range via software, and gonna unlock them tomorrow.”

Meanwhile, in reality land, we’re going to have a bland presentation on battery chemistry and manufacturing that may well be meaningful and exciting, but not impactful for a solid 2 more years.

Buckle up, Elon Posse.