Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Starship - IFT-4 - Starbase TX - Pre-Launch Preparations Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They had the launch mount scaffolding back up in no time flat. I think it was down for about 12 hours.

1710552993415.png

It may be helpful to supply some context when linking to X replies here, as otherwise this is somewhat meaningless...

Here's what Elon was responding to:

View attachment 1029201
Huh? I can see the context from Buckminster's post. Here is a screen capture below. I am guessing for some reason the twitter urls are not translating to actual message for you because you do not have an X account?. And if not having a free X account is the reason, then that is your problem and there is no excuse for that.

1710772671059.png

Huh? I can see the context from Buckminster's post. Here is a screen capture below. I am guessing for some reason the twitter urls are not translating to actual message for you because you do not have an X account?. And if not having a free X account is the reason, then that is your problem and there is no excuse for that.

View attachment 1029224
Hmm, I do, and am logged in.

This is what I see for what @Buckminster posted.

(and apologies if for whatever reason I'm the one not seeing context, when you are @Buckminster ...)

(and apologies if for whatever reason I'm the one not seeing context, when you are @Buckminster ...)
I also see the context, and I don't have a Twitter account. I assume that TMC is obtaining the tweet image via some web site access method. Perhaps you were looking at only the text. The image can be slow to show up.

If Elon says "hopefully", we can forget it. I would consider early May to be a minor miracle. I'm assuming that IFT-3 still requires mishap investigations because of the departures from the parameters of the test program. If they hit mid-May, I'll be seriously psyched. A two-month turnaround already? They'd be able to get six flights this year, or get darned close, because they should be able to accelerate things flight by flight. They'd probably be down to a month interval by the end of the year.

Fifteen flights in 2025?

I guess my only caveat to the timing of IFT-4 would be that IFT-3 took so long that they might get IFT-4 launched with a smaller delay, but I wouldn't expect them to sustain that pace going forward.

I also see the context, and I don't have a Twitter account. I assume that TMC is obtaining the tweet image via some web site access method. Perhaps you were looking at only the text. The image can be slow to show up.

Forgot to post by screenshot of what I see in the post above... and I've had a page up for several minutes and no new data arrives (maybe I'll dig thru my site settings...):

1710777403928.png

If Elon says "hopefully", we can forget it. I would consider early May to be a minor miracle. I'm assuming that IFT-3 still requires mishap investigations because of the departures from the parameters of the test program. If they hit mid-May, I'll be seriously psyched. A two-month turnaround already? They'd be able to get six flights this year, or get darned close, because they should be able to accelerate things flight by flight. They'd probably be down to a month interval by the end of the year.

Fifteen flights in 2025?

I guess my only caveat to the timing of IFT-4 would be that IFT-3 took so long that they might get IFT-4 launched with a smaller delay, but I wouldn't expect them to sustain that pace going forward.

Kinda feel like they are on overtime trying to work with the FAA for mishaps... late May would be awesome.