Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX invests in flying car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm….given Elon’s previous statements about the infeasibility of flying cars, I wonder if it is correct that this company is really “backed” by SpaceX.

That vehicle “has a cruise speed of 110 mph while in the air, while on the road it is limited to between 25 and 35 mph.” What is the market demand for a car that can only go 30mph on the road and costs $300,000 and maybe someday will be legally allowed to fly somewhere useful.

This is a novelty toy for rich people. I have difficulty believing that in the US, for example, the FAA will ever allow people to fly such a vehicle low over a populated area in such a way to make it useful for personal transportation.

Reactions: Grendal
Hmm….given Elon’s previous statements about the infeasibility of flying cars, I wonder if it is correct that this company is really “backed” by SpaceX.

That vehicle “has a cruise speed of 110 mph while in the air, while on the road it is limited to between 25 and 35 mph.” What is the market demand for a car that can only go 30mph on the road and costs $300,000 and maybe someday will be legally allowed to fly somewhere useful.

This is a novelty toy for rich people. I have difficulty believing that in the US, for example, the FAA will ever allow people to fly such a vehicle low over a populated area in such a way to make it useful for personal transportation.

A date-range search shows a bunch of articles from a couple of years ago asserting SpaceX did invest...

Last edited:
Reactions: Grendal
A date-range search shoows a bunch of articles from a couple of years ago asserting SpaceX did invest...
If there is one thing internet news outlets excel at, it is generating duplicated content from a single attention-grabbing yet incorrect “fact”.

I would believe a statement direct from SpaceX, but otherwise I remain skeptical…