Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Crew Dragon Capsule Docks at ISS - Crew 1 Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still get teary-eyed watching this. Safe flight guys.

Arm chair comments: Nice to hear John’s voice on the pre-launch. Couldn’t help but notice the change in streaming format on screen. Clean look but thought we could have done away with the left/right scrolling text and the big Launch America logo at the bottom middle. Was missing seeing the launch stage timeline and my husband was asking if they would show the globe view where it tracked the path of the ship. I was tuned into SpaceX’s site for this but looked to be from NASA?

Anyway, terribly excited for our astronauts. Nice launch and look forward to docking tomorrow night. Yes, they make it look easy even with the FOD in the seals that gave a little anxious moment.

Reactions: Grendal
Some photo grabs for those that are coming here late.

0E72D8AC-4602-44A8-8A43-409642A28F44.png

89FA2E42-9D2D-419C-AA47-8BE045E3297D.png

FDE5EB48-97C3-4718-B2B1-36E38E93736B.png

5BA40ABA-DD56-420A-9855-7022A1035D25.png

50819F24-54D3-44A9-A0C2-1608D51E3C81.png

I still get teary-eyed watching this. Safe flight guys.

Arm chair comments: Nice to hear John’s voice on the pre-launch. Couldn’t help but notice the change in streaming format on screen. Clean look but thought we could have done away with the left/right scrolling text and the big Launch America logo at the bottom middle. Was missing seeing the launch stage timeline and my husband was asking if they would show the globe view where it tracked the path of the ship. I was tuned into SpaceX’s site for this but looked to be from NASA?

Anyway, terribly excited for our astronauts. Nice launch and look forward to docking tomorrow night. Yes, they make it look easy even with the FOD in the seals that gave a little anxious moment.

I noticed they called John Insprucker "John I". I also noticed that at one point Anderson handed back to him saying that it looked like things were back to "norminal".

Reactions: SMAlset and Grendal
Reactions: ggies07
Getting ready to dock soon. Very cool view of horizon and docking arm a minute ago. 600 meters away.

Beautiful sunlit view of Dragon traveling above the clouds. ISS is blindingly lit up and almost ghostly or heavenly.

Passing Waypoint 1 and 10 minutes to Waypoint 2. Docking estimated 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electroman