Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone just pulled up at my house expecting to be able to charge - because of google?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our house has Ram Bollards on the driveway, so nobody is getting on or off it easily.

Our three Zappi wall chargers are locked with Personal Identification Numbers.

PIN to Unlock
PIN to Charge
PIN to Access Advanced Menu

Unauthorised car will not charge without PIN or remote authorisation via APP

But authorised cars will charge fine, and via Octopus remote charge.

Cables are secured by Master Lock wall anchors.

All Wall chargers have security camera surveillance with alarm & remote access.

Other than that... it's fairly low key really.

• Funny
Reactions: EVer Hopeful
You get a discount on some late hours but with intelligent charging you can get discounts on additional hours if you use it as you are supposed to...

Has the "Intelligent" part of the tariff escaped your attention?
I rarely charge my second EV for more than 2 1/2 hours so i don't need to use it to game the system for extra hours.
They can call it what they like so long as i get the cheap rate.

Our house has Ram Bollards on the driveway, so nobody is getting on or off it easily.

Our three Zappi wall chargers are locked with Personal Identification Numbers.

PIN to Unlock
PIN to Charge

Unauthorised car will not charge without PIN or remote authorisation via APP

But authorised cars will charge fine, and via Octopus remote charge.

All Wall chargers have security camera surveillance with alarm & remote access.

Other than that... it's fairly low key really.
You must live in a well rough neighbourhood. :eek:

PIN to Unlock
PIN to Charge

I don't bother with any of that, nor with Smart Chargers, 'coz its a right royal pain to faff about when someone visiting wants some juice - and although that is not often it is increasing and, I suspect, won't be long before it is common.

7kW is around £3 an hour. I work form home, but I suppose if I drove to work someone could plug in for 8 hours each day, and I might then do something about it. I think that rising-bollards once they were IN would be the best option :) even more so once cars have V2H / V2G 🤓

You must live in a well rough neighbourhood. :eek:

I suppose we do really.

In my street we have 7 houses.

6 houses are 'out of work' ... I think it's called Retirement... and the scumbags keep buying stuff online bringing their 'riff raff' van drivers, window cleaners, gardeners, builders, electricians to the street.

Seriously, what are they thinking??

The last attempted house burglary was 25 years ago, last Century in fact. Far to close for comfort, its made me well nervous.

So far we've only had one incident with our driveway bollards. When the Tesco Delivery driver was carrying our shopping trays in. Unfortunately his unplanned attempt to walk over one failed, and I could see the tears in his eyes reflecting the incident, so he won't do that again.

Last edited:
I suppose we do really.

In my street we have 7 houses.

6 houses are 'out of work' ... I think it's called Retirement... and the scumbags keep buying stuff online bringing their 'riff raff' van drivers, window cleaners, gardeners, builders, electricians to the street.

Seriously, what are they thinking??

The last attempted house burglary was 25 years ago, last Century in fact. Far to close for comfort, its made me well nervous.

So far we've only had one incident with our driveway bollards. When the Tesco Delivery driver was carrying our shopping trays in. Unfortunately his unplanned attempt to walk over one failed, and I could see the tears in his eyes reflecting the incident, so he won't do that again.
So just paranoia, then?

So just paranoia, then?

Actually, boredom.

It's that mix of too much time on my hands.

Fun projects though. Costs little to set up, except some imagination and enthusiasm for it... and a fully charged impact driver with SDS Drill.

The security cameras are now perfect for dancing spiders, frogs, badgers, foxes, cats, magpies, package deliveries and weather watching.

Last edited: