Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

solution to mounting iPads in back of Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry about the shipping issue.
Most mounts, unless they're integrated with the vehicle, will pose some sort of danger in certain types of crashes.
While this is of course true I have a mount today from nextbase that has actually gone through crash testing and is made from high quality metal. Problem is that the mount needs the metal bars on normal headrests to be installed. I am playing with the idea of building a custom set of metalbars to install behind the passenger-seats for rear-facing seating. That should be secure enough, but the perfect scenario would of course be a solution made specifically for the Model S.

The ipadket actually lookes somewhat promising in that regard since I see that I most likely would be able to use some towing-straps or similar that is rated to thousands of pounds of force to anchor the mount to the latch-fixture on the back of the rear seats. But once again this is far from a visibly pleasing solution in addition to the shipping issue. I found one vendor shipping to Norway, but shipping cost is twice the price of the mount itself:crying: Not really a big amount, but it simply irritates me paying more for shipping than the product itself...

Only thing that seems more and more certain is that for rear-facing seats the solution will look horrible no matter what. For front-facing seating I could live with the ipadket in standard mode.

I've had my car for a year and have been using the command strips for all our road trips. I've used them on the back of the seats (my kids each have their own) and I've mounted them onto the back hatch when they read face. Someone had commented about the safety. Regardless of where you put them if the command strips let go the iPad just drops to the floor. I will say if you get the pack of the strong enough ones (I buy the 10-15lb ones) I haven't had one of them fall off. Plus they dismount easily of the kids want to play a game...and...the command strips come off at the end of the trip and you'd never know they were there!!

I used a holder off Amazon into my Rear seat Floor Console.

12670214_598614373628085_7274315344422886252_n.jpg

Reactions: SeanTek