Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solution for the service dilemma?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then you have the situation in Norway. Tiny Norway has I think 8 SC and still wait time is 6 months for non-critical issues, yes you heard it right months. It has been this way for over a year and wait times seems to be increasing. The super service Elon talked about is just not happening here and owners of P85D's are considering selling and buying BMW and Audi's again because they don't want to deal with Tesla service. I disagree about being so drastic myself and have been rather lucky with my car but I can clearly see why.

Cobos

I repeat my statement that Tesla should issue additional stock (at the current rather high stock price) to raise capital in order to fund a major, major service center expansion. They're not expanding anywhere near fast enough and it's a critical risk to the company.

So far Service Centers have expanded linearly at best. Tesla needs roughly 60 more in North America just for geographic coverage, plus dozens of major expansions in order to handle high-population areas.

A capital raise of $500 million should cover construction and the first year or two of operations overhead (which will be at a loss until Model 3 comes out, but that's unavoidable)....

The key to expanding service is not just more/larger service centers but, of course, to hire the right folks and train them well. That's usually the harder part.

This would be my primary concern. Already we see owners posting of less than optimal service experience and the general theme has been that a rookie with a traditional dealership mentality is who was "servicing" the owner. Partnering with an existing service team like Firestone would expose Tesla to much more of this problem.