Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this today in Australia (480MB download), which means no delay at rolling outside of North America for this one. Alas nothing extra for us yet, just the same mobile security changes. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet to see if AP behaves any better.

Last edited:
Do you see the yellow dash lines on your dash energy circle graph? It is getting colder and regen is not at full strength until battery is warm.

I don't recall seeing yellow dash lines, but I do occasionally get a yellow warning triangle on the energy graph about where the "-50" is when on full regen above maybe 50 mph. No idea what that is, never saw that before, and no mention of it in the user manual. Temps not that cold here yet; my garage hasn't gotten below 55 at night, and I'm driving in temps around 40-60 F. Plus my energy usage is way up - I averaged 295 Wh all summer, even with the AC on, and now it's shot up to 333. And it's not even that cold yet. And I keep the battery between 20-80%, so it's not a full / empty battery issue. I had 150 miles left on it when I first noticed it.

I also just got it back from the SC last week, where they had replaced the front struts. So i'm wondering if they did something to the front drive unit.

Sounds like the 40 to 55 degree temperatures are affecting ihe battery more than the possibility of a damaged drive unit. Watch some YouTube videos and you'll see this is totally to be expected.

Temps in the 40s will absolutely affect your regen! Here in MA when temps are in the 30s-40s I only have half regen for about 20 miles. this means for local trips I never get full regen.
For temps 20s and below I have no regen for what seems like forever. I've noticed that the display is not consistent with warning that regen is limited. Sometimes the exclamation point appears and other times it's missing. Sometimes the dotted lines appear and sometimes they're missing. Don't sweat it - its the cold weather. This is normal.

Thanks everyone - I was at the SC today and they confirmed that it was the cooler weather doing it. I'm just glad I have an insulated garage to keep her in, so the effect isn't too bad on the morning commute - it's going below freezing this week! I also tried the trick of leaving the HVAC off and seat heater on for my commute today, and happy to see my Wh back under 300.

Thanks everyone - I was at the SC today and they confirmed that it was the cooler weather doing it. I'm just glad I have an insulated garage to keep her in, so the effect isn't too bad on the morning commute - it's going below freezing this week! I also tried the trick of leaving the HVAC off and seat heater on for my commute today, and happy to see my Wh back under 300.

So you bought a 100k car and you drive in a coat and gloves during winter?