Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope Bruce merged the threads or this is inception..... :D

I thought about merging, but one of the other mods beat me to it. Didn't realize I had such a rep about this. :-D

Bruce.

PS. As luck would have it, I finally got 2018.6.1 yesterday after a call to tech support dislodged a "stuck" update on my car. Now waiting like everyone else to see if there's anything shiny in 2018.10.

I thought about merging, but one of the other mods beat me to it. Didn't realize I had such a rep about this. :-D

Bruce.

PS. As luck would have it, I finally got 2018.6.1 yesterday after a call to tech support dislodged a "stuck" update on my car. Now waiting like everyone else to see if there's anything shiny in 2018.10.
Very glad to see some of the duplication dealt with... now, if there was only a good way to 'link' one thread to two places (in S and X....). :D

Sorry to say only the two cars right now show 2018.10 in TeslaFi... (it's afternoon in Europe.. if anyone was going to get it, you'd think we'd see it by now).

We do have a third in ev-fw, in Germany...

Ev-fw seems to be sorting Dewey Decimal, probably the default. @HankLloydRight , any way to fix that? (In the country list...)

According to the release notes it's just the remote trunk/frunk opening. I confirmed that this works from the Android app. I also confirmed that my parking sensors are currently working, though that's an intermittent problem so who knows if it's actually fixed.
IMG_20180309_124207411.jpg

So you can’t start an update remotely, but you can open the frunk remotely :confused:
I sure hope you have to put your password in or something cuz it would suck to accidentally open it and not be able to close it remotely

So you can’t start an update remotely, but you can open the frunk remotely :confused:
I sure hope you have to put your password in or something cuz it would suck to accidentally open it and not be able to close it remotely

It asks for confirmation in the app before opening the frunk. It does not ask for confirmation on the trunk, though my trunk is motorized so I can open and close it from the app. People without the motorized trunk may see a confirmation?

Also, I know that in theory the trunk won't close on an object, it still seems dangerous to be able to open/close it remotely.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa and _jal_
It asks for confirmation in the app before opening the frunk. It does not ask for confirmation on the trunk, though my trunk is motorized so I can open and close it from the app. People without the motorized trunk may see a confirmation?

Also, I know that in theory the trunk won't close on an object, it still seems dangerous to be able to open/close it remotely.
Have you tried driving it? Is Autopilot any different?

I’m guessing they’re not done beta testing the new Autopilot changes yet....

I don't see why that would be possible. You currently can't open the trunk while driving through the key fob or screen, why would the app suddenly let you? The app sends the command, but the car will reject it when it is driving, I'm 99.9% sure.

Reactions: croman
Ahh... thanks for pointing that out - missed that obvious detail. I was looking at the second image, which is what I see in TeslaFi's 2018.10 version detail page as well which suggests an upgrade to 6.1 at 5:06am and then an update to .10 at 6:38am shortly after that.
Look at the first image in their post. It went from 2018.10 to 2016.6.1, and then from 2016.6.1 to 2018.10 an hour and a half later.

I feel like this is just Teslafi misreporting or something.
Suspect jump from 2017.4x directly to 2018.10 failed. May have needed an intermediate firmware version which was last included in 2018.6. Thus the half-step back in before completing the successful step into the near future.

I work in IT. Saw a similar issue with HP servers. Back-level network card firmware couldn’t connect properly to newer data center switches. But you couldn’t update directly to correct version. First had to go to the magic transition release that could update the old firmware, and also be updated by newer releases. Very tense when the team is trying to make go-live deadline after migrating several truckloads of servers from an old data center.

Hmm, would be nice to have some more beneficial updates. I am sure for some this will be useful but definitely not something I would be bothered about. And just realised my car was dead. Couldn’t connect via ap do got in, nothing, pressed break nothing. Started messing with resets and got main screen power, waited for power up, waited and waited, finally forced a reboot then it finallly came back to life. Lucky for me it’s been the first time I have had this sort of issue. Been on 6.1 for about a week I guess. Hopefully within next few moths we get some nice vast updates and improvements

Reactions: Pentium2004