Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2017.28 C528869

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange some of you are having drama's with the update. Mine seems better on both minor roads and the motorway. Lane changing is more normal now, not a sudden movement like previously. As far as centring in its lane it is quite good. It still has problems at large intersections where there is a fair distance without line marking, but I would expect that as normal at this stage.

I have driven my MX yesterday and today, and overall I think mine is an improvement. Time will tell.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
I've noticed that it is fine on some roads and absolutely horrific on others.

In addition sometimes it slowdowns nice and steady as it's coming up on cars already stopped at the lights and other times it comes in very hot. No rhyme or reason to it either. Same goes for acceleration. Some times it's nice and easy other times it zooms off as if it's in a drag race. No consistency at all.

it's terrible at stopped cars at a light (or in traffic) - I've had to stop it manually thinking it's going to stop. smoother overall esp freeways but still too much jerky motion as soon as the lines disappear for a split second - default reaction really needs to be keep driving in same direction as previous and slowly correct (not panic jerk the steerring wheel either left or right).

Maybe is does learn after an update, from itself or others I wouldn't know.

What I do know is it has been back to normal and a hell of a lot more reassuring.

Hope others come goid too.

I had the same experience. Got the update and all was well for the first day then it switched one morning to hugging the left lane line (RHD car). This continued for a couple of days until I got in the car today and it was back to normal again. I think some background process is constantly tweaking the AP calibration and in this release that calibration is buggy.

Maybe is does learn after an update, from itself or others I wouldn't know.

What I do know is it has been back to normal and a hell of a lot more reassuring.

Hope others come goid too.

I only had a short commute today on B Roads and it was a hell of a lot smoother. Stayed in the middle, slowed down and stopped smoothly approaching stopped cars at lights and it even slowed smoothly and not abruptly when a car came out of a side street suddenly*.

* I say suddenly but it came out of a street with a reasonable amount of time for me to brake if I had been driving but in the past few days the car would have almost slammed on the brakes in this situation. I was bracing for it but was suitably impressed when the car acted the way it did.

It was a short commute on roads that it has been handling well but not great since the latest update. Today was the best it has driven on these roads. There are still a few other roads I need to try that it has driven very ordinarily since the update.

I will also add that I am in Melbourne and the latest update does not handle tram roads very well at all. It seemed to be confusing the tram tracks for lane lines. I will need to test this today too.

the new update is frustrating.
Mostly, it's better: lane changing much better; somewhat more stable in-lane; negotiates some parts of my commute where previously it couldn't.
In some ways, worse: does sit ON the right-hand lane markers at times; ping-pongs a little.
But worst of all: it's behaviour is unpredictable, and it seems perfect at times, then, in very similar situations on the same road, it tries to drive on the lane markers. It's the UNPREDICTABILITY that I dislike- if it were always hopeless, then that would be that...
For now, I believe it's a learning robot, so I'm using it a lot to see how (if) it improves.

Reactions: Jays200