Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So hear me out, Leet speak color on DMB?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, there is a funny coincidence that I found over the last few weeks. Now hear me out. Normally I would blow this off but... you know, Elon and all.

I wanted to get a custom plate for my DMB MYP. Back in the 90s we used to write/speak in "leet" which was replacing letters with numbers. So the word LEET would be 1337. So, I thought that since most of the younger folk wouldn't get this I would get 1337AF because I'm in my 40's and am still immature. I checked with the California DMV and it wasn't taken but for some reason the plate was not allowed. I called in and was still blocked. I also have an R-Plate so I thought I would at least get it as a message on the bottom on my plate, but no dice. I couldn't figure out why. Maybe the AF? Meh, so I went online to check.

When I googled 1337AF, what did I see? Its the HEX code for the same blue on my Tesla. I couldn't believe it. Was this a long lost Easter egg? I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything. Thoughts?