Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging stopped notification in a series of 3, 90min apart while charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have been getting notifcations that charging has stopped (about an hour) after I plug in my Y, then I'll get another exactly 90min later, and then another 90 min later. When I check the app (says to check controls>service>notifications for more info), nothing seems amiss-the car keeps charging it just gets interrupted.

I thought maybe it was the 240v outlet (charging on the lvl 2 wall charger at 35/40 amps), but the electrician said everything looked good (though he didn't know much about electric chargers). My guess now it is the charger itself, but not sure why this would be happening? I've lowered the rate to just 20/40amps to lower the required current, but it still is happening.

The car still charges by the morning, so it isn't like a huge issue, but it is curious. Couldn't find much here, thought I'd ask before trying to contact support since that's always a right pain in the arse.

cheers

Do you have any third party apps that have access to your Tesla account?
No. It is the level 2 wall charger. The tesla app says 'charing stopped @X;XX with battery at XX%. If unexpected, check controls> service>notifications on vehicle touchscreen for more info. Then I go there and there is no notification because charging immediately continues.

What are the percentages that it stopped at? Do the times shift according to when you plugged in? Do you have any scheduled charging configured?

If you have EVER used any app that accesses your Tesla account, log into your Tesla account and change your password. So many people have come here with weird behaviors like this only to discover that some innocuous app they tried and deleted years before is suddenly messing with their car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
What are the percentages that it stopped at? Do the times shift according to when you plugged in? Do you have any scheduled charging configured?

If you have EVER used any app that accesses your Tesla account, log into your Tesla account and change your password. So many people have come here with weird behaviors like this only to discover that some innocuous app they tried and deleted years before is suddenly messing with their car.
I'm not sure the % because it is alway 90min afterwards. So if i plug in at 50%, 90min later (regardless of amps, i'm currently at 20/40 amps on my lvl 2 charger) I get the error then it starts charging right away. No scheduled charging.

I have not ever had an app besides Tesla, and I recently changed the PW for another issue (which did not resolve it).

I'm confused. I thought you said the first error happened at a variable amount of time after plugging in, THEN it was at 90min intervals. It's important because if the time shifts according to when you plug it in I'd be looking at the car. If it happens on a schedule that seems unrelated to when you plug in, I'd start to look for some external disturbance to the incoming power that happens about every 90min.

I'm not sure the % because it is alway 90min afterwards. So if i plug in at 50%, 90min later (regardless of amps, i'm currently at 20/40 amps on my lvl 2 charger) I get the error then it starts charging right away. No scheduled charging.

I have not ever had an app besides Tesla, and I recently changed the PW for another issue (which did not resolve it).
You can go to “Service Mode” and see details about the error codes.

How to here:
IMG_0757.jpeg