Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So did my AWD order just go to non-edit mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 1 reservation. Non-owner. Email for config April 2018.

I ordered the P on 6/27. Then switched it to AWD (non P) on 6/29.

I now have the MVPA. But still have the edit button.

When did you notice MVPA popping up in your account? I got mine on the 4th of July, and it seems like many other AWD config holder did around that timeframe too. I'm not sure if it is a sign of anything but I certainly hope it is.

Anyone who ordered AWD not have MVPA yet? if so, when did you order? Thanks!

8F4EC217-1344-49C8-B16F-9060AB784032.jpeg
So I’ve got a question....Ordered/Configured on 6/27 as well in the big push. Always had the MVPA....always had the Edit button and still do....only “non-checked” item is the financing (using CU) which is showing “pending”. (Some have been changing this to “cash” just to show ‘everything’ complete which does delete the Edit button thinking this is moving them ahead but then you can’t get it back). Tesla says it will show pending until they’re ready to contact you and move you forward n this area.

My question is on the last page of the MVPA it says “this agreement is effective and entered into as of the date you accept this agreement, by electronic means or otherwise. By confirming and accepting this Agreement, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement”. (Posted Above)

It then has blocks and dates for:

Buyers Signature
Co-Buyers Signature
Sellers Signature (Tesla)

So....do we need to somehow sign and get this electronically ‘back’ to Tesla to move forward in the VIN assigning process. Or is the ‘signing and accepting’ requirement agreed to and completed just by virtue of you giving them the $2500 Order and Config payment? ( which is my understanding).

Anyone have definitive direction from/or knowledge from Tesla on this?

Regards,
Ski

Last edited:
Reactions: Runt8
When did you notice MVPA popping up in your account? I got mine on the 4th of July, and it seems like many other AWD config holder did around that timeframe too. I'm not sure if it is a sign of anything but I certainly hope it is.

I don't think it is.

I received an invite in Feb 2018. Configured AWD on 5/20 (paid $2500). I did not receive the MVPA either by email or on the website, edit button was visible, but there was no estimate after 5/23 or so (which was 12-16weeks).

On 6/28 I changed config to black obsidian and added FSD. As soon as I submitted this change, I received an MVPA by email (order date 6/28) and the link showed up on the website. I still have the edit button enabled and an ETA of Sept-Nov'18 shows up.

I don't think it is.

I received an invite in Feb 2018. Configured AWD on 5/20 (paid $2500). I did not receive the MVPA either by email or on the website, edit button was visible, but there was no estimate after 5/23 or so (which was 12-16weeks).

On 6/28 I changed config to black obsidian and added FSD. As soon as I submitted this change, I received an MVPA by email (order date 6/28) and the link showed up on the website. I still have the edit button enabled and an ETA of Sept-Nov'18 shows up.
Hey! Noticed that you're in the Boston area too. Same here. Pearl White,LR AWD, no EAP. I ordered way later than you though, June 28th.

Hopefully we get the mass VIN assignment and delivery like the ones that's been happening to RWDs soon. Really hope we get it before end of September given the uncertainty over 200,000 cars delivered. The full tax credit would be nice to have.

Hey! Noticed that you're in the Boston area too. Same here. Pearl White,LR AWD, no EAP. I ordered way later than you though, June 28th.

Hopefully we get the mass VIN assignment and delivery like the ones that's been happening to RWDs soon. Really hope we get it before end of September given the uncertainty over 200,000 cars delivered. The full tax credit would be nice to have.
Oh yeah, didn't notice your location earlier.

Yes hopefully soon considering the mass ev rebate is also running out.

@Troy's delivery estimator gives me hope though, he has been pretty accurate on his estimates so far. As per his Excel sheet, I will get mine on September 27th. I hope its sooner than that!

I did speak to a Tesla rep over phone before editing my design on 6/28. He did say that editing even color options would delay my delivery by a month (from August to September), although he was terse and gave me one word responses.

BTW there's an event tomorrow organized by my utility co at the Braintree Town Hall. They claim to have a model 3 for test drive among all other electric cars as well. 3pm to 6pm.

Oh yeah, didn't notice your location earlier.

Yes hopefully soon considering the mass ev rebate is also running out.

@Troy's delivery estimator gives me hope though, he has been pretty accurate on his estimates so far. As per his Excel sheet, I will get mine on September 27th. I hope its sooner than that!

I did speak to a Tesla rep over phone before editing my design on 6/28. He did say that editing even color options would delay my delivery by a month (from August to September), although he was terse and gave me one word responses.

BTW there's an event tomorrow organized by my utility co at the Braintree Town Hall. They claim to have a model 3 for test drive among all other electric cars as well. 3pm to 6pm.

Woah, which utility company is it? I only saw a Tesla in stores at the Prudential location before, as well as yesterday when one drove by me. (Could have been me if I ordered RWD).

Also, I also checked Troy's delivery estimator, and I'm reassured by it. But I see that it is still based on reservation date, and from what I seen from this forum, reservation date no longer matter compared to order date :( So I guess that's another variable that we have to worry about.

The Mass EV credit only has 1.6 million left and its diminishing by the day. Hopefully they put more funding into it, or else I don't think we will be able to get it based on the current AWD timeframe.

View attachment 315060
My question is on the last page of the MVPA it says “this agreement is effective and entered into as of the date you accept this agreement, by electronic means or otherwise. By confirming and accepting this Agreement, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement”. (Posted Above)

It then has blocks and dates for:

Buyers Signature
Co-Buyers Signature
Sellers Signature (Tesla)

So....do we need to somehow sign and get this electronically ‘back’ to Tesla to move forward in the VIN assigning process. Or is the ‘signing and accepting’ requirement agreed to and completed just by virtue of you giving them the $2500 Order and Config payment? ( which is my understanding).

Anyone have definitive direction from/or knowledge from Tesla on this?

Regards,
Ski

For me, the signing happened when it got closer to delivery and the MVPA was updated to include the actual VIN instead of the reservation number. The ISA emailed me with a link to ‘digitally sign’ the form and I later got an email notice that the form had been signed by both myself and Tesla that included a PDF copy of the signed form. The ISA then set up the actual delivery appointment.

As far as your situation, there is nothing to do regarding signing the form at this time and signing it isn’t related to moving forward with the VIN process, etc.

The terms of your $2500 order and config payment allows Tesla to proceed with getting you a car and once they have you matched up, they will contact you to verify financing, delivery location, etc. and will send you the ‘final’ forms to sign. The MVPA isn’t ‘final’ until it includes the VIN. If financing, some banks will not process the loan until they have a copy of the MVPA with VIN, the MPVA with the reservation number was not sufficient.

So at this point, if you have uploaded all your requested documents, etc. there is nothing left to do but wait until an ISA reaches out to you.

Hope that helps...

Configured my AWD on 6/27 and got the MVPA on the website immediately, and an email with it attached the next day.

For me, the signing happened when it got closer to delivery and the MVPA was updated to include the actual VIN instead of the reservation number. The ISA emailed me with a link to ‘digitally sign’ the form and I later got an email notice that the form had been signed by both myself and Tesla that included a PDF copy of the signed form. The ISA then set up the actual delivery appointment.

As far as your situation, there is nothing to do regarding signing the form at this time and signing it isn’t related to moving forward with the VIN process, etc.

The terms of your $2500 order and config payment allows Tesla to proceed with getting you a car and once they have you matched up, they will contact you to verify financing, delivery location, etc. and will send you the ‘final’ forms to sign. The MVPA isn’t ‘final’ until it includes the VIN. If financing, some banks will not process the loan until they have a copy of the MVPA with VIN, the MPVA with the reservation number was not sufficient.

So at this point, if you have uploaded all your requested documents, etc. there is nothing left to do but wait until an ISA reaches out to you.

Hope that helps...

@myblubu,

Perfect! Helps tremendously! So it’s all good then. (Twiddling Thumbs ‘relentlessly’ awaiting AWD VIN)!

Thank you so Much!

Ski

@myblubu,

Perfect! Helps tremendously! So it’s all good then. (Twiddling Thumbs ‘relentlessly’ awaiting AWD VIN)!

Thank you so Much!

Ski

I think we’ll be twiddling our thumbs for at least another 30 days minimum. I’d even dare say 60 days is more accurate — making the Sept estimate on point.

Of course, I have zero data to back that up.

Glad I could help.

I’m also twiddling my thumbs too awaiting an AWD. I don’t mind though, the car is worth the wait.

Just FYI, I think it was 6/26 when I ordered the AWD (non P), shows Sep-Nov ‘18 estimated delivery and the ‘edit design’ link is still available even though the order documents has the MVPA.

I just hope all our fellow waiters resist the urge of continuously calling Tesla with tons of questions about when they are going to get their VIN, car, etc. and allow them to focus on getting ALL of us closer to delivery. From many of the posts I’ve been seeing, it seems that LOTS of people are anxious and calling trying to get bits of information about their order. But if everyone could just exercise a little patience, we will allow Tesla to use their resources to get us ALL to the finish line sooner and the Tesla resources will be available to address those who have real problems with delivery, financing, and their car after delivery, etc.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
@myblubu,

Thank you so Much!

Ski

Hey Ski, just noticed your location is Kentucky. In what part of the Bluegrass State do you reside? I’m currently in Georgia but work in KY (long story) with plans to relo to KY in the not too distant future. You and I will definitely be a rare breed there, not many EVs yet as far as I can tell.