Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much to bring to my delivery appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is just insane that I'm asking this on a forum... but I can't seem to get hold of anyone at Tesla, so here I am.

I have been super disappointed with the sales experience this time round (compared to my 2015 and 2019 experiences). Anyway, this time what enticed me to pull the trigger now was an email post-Cybertruck event that announced reservation holders could order a current vehicle with delivery before Dec 31 and get $1350 off. Ok fine, I was pretty close to buying a Model Y anyway, so that helped push me off the fence.

I click the link, but it just took me to a generic order page. Nowhere anywhere did that $1350 come off the price. I get my final "agree to this amount" page and it still doesn't reflect this $1350 at all. I did manage to get someone to reply by text (who was terrible at providing answers to anything) and they said it gets taken care of at delivery.

Huh? But I'm supposed to show up with cheque in hand, no? I have to have the bank draft up the amount in advance, so should I just take off the $1350? Plus taxes, or not?

Again, I can't believe I'm resorting to asking here, but thought maybe someone here went through this and knows.

Thanks.

It is just insane that I'm asking this on a forum... but I can't seem to get hold of anyone at Tesla, so here I am.

I have been super disappointed with the sales experience this time round (compared to my 2015 and 2019 experiences). Anyway, this time what enticed me to pull the trigger now was an email post-Cybertruck event that announced reservation holders could order a current vehicle with delivery before Dec 31 and get $1350 off. Ok fine, I was pretty close to buying a Model Y anyway, so that helped push me off the fence.

I click the link, but it just took me to a generic order page. Nowhere anywhere did that $1350 come off the price. I get my final "agree to this amount" page and it still doesn't reflect this $1350 at all. I did manage to get someone to reply by text (who was terrible at providing answers to anything) and they said it gets taken care of at delivery.

Huh? But I'm supposed to show up with cheque in hand, no? I have to have the bank draft up the amount in advance, so should I just take off the $1350? Plus taxes, or not?

Again, I can't believe I'm resorting to asking here, but thought maybe someone here went through this and knows.

Thanks.

It sounds reasonable to me by paying minus the promotional amount.