Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh give me a break. Tesla is by far the biggest beneficiary of the legislation that the Brandon admin passed. Nobody else even comes close.

What do you expect the old man to do? Praise Elon Musk publically? Mention TSLA stock at every press conference?

It's incredible how concerned people are with theatrics and political fodder vs. reality.

And believe me, seeing this old hag drive around a car for 30 seconds in a parking lot isn't really a selling point.

If you want to reaffirm people's opinion that Telsa is a cult full of Elon simps then by all means, drive your cars to capitol hill and enjoy all the "positive" attention that I'm sure you'll receive over there.

Let's assume you either just turned 9 or you're just an idiot.

I'll go with the later.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
1. This is not a random forum.
2. The guy is here as the vendor.
3. He has offered to help with issues.
You know he is here. And yet, you want to ignore him? That makes perfect sense. #eyeroll

im not saying this is their main C.S. line, but it's an option for us Tesla owners. (And this is THE Tesla owners forum, not some unknown, small, niche forum on the dark web, for Christ's sake.)

if only they would watch their one and only email inbox. you sure are licking his boots though

This is not correct, you can always attach to a higher rated circuit. You do this every single day when you plug devices rated for say 1A (laptop charger) into a 15A circuit (wall outlet).
What are you talking about?
I am talking about the installation procedures of Tesla's J1772 handle wall connector that they recently started selling. The standard version 2 wall connectors were able to go on circuits up to 100A, but these J1772 versions can only be done on up to 50A circuits. They are modified so the amp selector can't be used with higher rated circuits. I think it's a limitation they had to impose because of the cables and J1772 handles they decided to use.

• Disagree
Reactions: earthwormjim
What are you talking about?
I am talking about the installation procedures of Tesla's J1772 handle wall connector that they recently started selling. The standard version 2 wall connectors were able to go on circuits up to 100A, but these J1772 versions can only be done on up to 50A circuits. They are modified so the amp selector can't be used with higher rated circuits. I think it's a limitation they had to impose because of the cables and J1772 handles they decided to use.

Irrelevant, you can always attach something to a higher rated current circuit. It won't use 60A, it will use 50A if that is the maximum rating the Tesla J1772 connector can handle.

Circuit ratings are for the rating of the wiring leading to that circuit, breakers are to protect the wiring, not whatever device you hook up.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
PXL_20211202_161916997.MP~2.jpg
Jackass's posing by my car as they do a PR shot for their oil hawking propaganda. Trying to look green. I appreciate the partnership, but I find it utterly disgusting.

I guess today was grand opening day with all the locals and about 25 of the executives. Took them about 30 minutes to take a group photo.

Funny watching the local Tesla Facebook group with a drive electric flag over in the corner. They gave you your lip service.

I gave their roll ups a shot and they were soggy and disgusting. Super clean bathrooms at Spinx. Time will tell if they are super clean in about another 6 months.

View attachment 739790Jackass's posing by my car as they do a PR shot for their oil hawking propaganda. Trying to look green. I appreciate the partnership, but I find it utterly disgusting.

I guess today was grand opening day with all the locals and about 25 of the executives. Took them about 30 minutes to take a group photo.

Funny watching the local Tesla Facebook group with a drive electric flag over in the corner. They gave you your lip service.

I gave their roll ups a shot and they were soggy and disgusting. Super clean bathrooms at Spinx. Time will tell if they are super clean in about another 6 months.
Lol why are you so mad about this? It is very likely gas stations will morph into EV charging stations in the future, at least the ones that survive.

Spinx is a local South Carolina only business and I appreciate them getting into the EV game, especially with Tesla. I hope they allow more SC all over the state.

Absolutely nothing to be upset about.

Lol why are you so mad about this?
I think it was pretty much covered pretty succinctly in my previous post.

I asked one of the executives about how much it cost to remove a gas station tank when become obsolete. He had no idea. He also has no idea what it cost to local community to clean up a gas station that is not performing or has been abandoned. I do on the other hand.

So you say about morphing.Who's going to pay for the morphing when they want to walk away.

So get back in your electric car and have a nice day. But realize you live in South Carolina. I don't. It's your community that they're going to end up polluting.

So I can say whatever I want. Have a nice day and I can get upset about whatever I want as well.

But realize you live in South Carolina. I don't. It's your community that they're going to end up polluting.
Again, not sure why you are so mad about one SC location at a gas station when Tesla quite literally has thousands of SC at gas stations across the country.

If you don't like oil, ok that's fine. But this is a SC thread and not a "complain about oil " thread.

Again, not sure why you are so mad about one SC location at a gas station when Tesla quite literally has thousands of SC at gas stations across the country.

If you don't like oil, ok that's fine. But this is a SC thread and not a "complain about oil " thread.
Again, it was covered in the first post....stop.

• Disagree
Reactions: jsight
Certainly nobody else was stepping up to the plate to host an I-26 Supercharger. Sure, would it have been nice to see a 24-hour convenience store/fast food place step up and host a sorely needed Supercharger, but that didn't happen. A gas station that is at least willing to see the writing on the wall filled that role. If you feel that strongly about it and feel that their hosting a SC site is merely lip service, then perhaps you should have not stopped there at all and patronized their store and used their restrooms.
I agree 100% but I don't think this member wants to engage in an actual conversation on the topic and just wanted to blast off on here. He/she messaged me directly after I responded to his/her post (and not very nicely I might add) and then also went on a "spamming spree of dislikes" on all my posts on this thread afterwards, pic below. But it's the internet so what do you expect haha!

1638475377390.png

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: outdoors and jsight
I agree 100% but I don't think this member wants to engage in an actual conversation on the topic and just wanted to blast off on here. He/she messaged me directly after I responded to his/her post (and not very nicely I might add) and then also went on a "spamming spree of dislikes" on all my posts on this thread afterwards, pic below. But it's the internet so what do you expect haha!

View attachment 739868
Don't go around bullying people off of threads. I shared with you why I gave you the dislikes in a private conversation.

Which I will summarize Don't bully me.Screenshot_20211202-151113.png

No, not at all. But I do find it somewhat hypocritical of you to patronize a store that you have such passionate feelings against.
I suggest all re read my post. Did I say they should cease operations? No. I said I didn't like my car being used for green propaganda for a less than green company. They didn't ask me for permission to photo me while in car, or others standing next to car.

From there I went on to talk about the bathrooms and the food. Am I not allowed to do that?

A judge I know very well said. "You open the door you never know what comes next." The subsequent posts opened the door. Many of us go through daily life doing things we detest, that doesn't mean they still don't need to get done. Just like some others have said this filled a critical need. Doesn't mean I have to like who filled the critical need. It also doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to use the supercharger or the bathroom or buy some food.

As a side note, I have asked moderator to have all subsequent posts on the topic below mine to be moved to snippiness as I believe they are junking up this supercharger post. Again, you all open the door.

Last edited:
I have a similar system....

If you claim to have a similar system... what exactly do you have?

How many Powerwalls?
Do you have a Tesla Gateway 2?
What EV Charger do you have?
What EV Cars do you use?
Do you have a Solar Array?
Do you have Smart Meters?

I bet the limitations are within your setup...

Moderator comment - mover to Snippiness because it’s become a rant

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.