Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you put your order on hold? I ordered a P3D, but it arrived more than a month sooner than I thought it would. I would like to hold off on delivery as well to sell my Roadster... I need to make room in the garage!

I talked to California prior to ordering and once I did, I got a call the next day saying your car is ready. I said I can't take delivery right now please call me in November. They said okay and matched my car to someone else.

My lease is up in two weeks. The Tesla body shop was going to repair my front bumper this month. My parts arrived defective. Now there are production delays.

If I don't get the car repaired, I'll probably get hit with at least $1,500 in repairs for the new bumper cover. My options include:
  1. Return "as is" with marks on the front bumper;
  2. Extend lease;
  3. Buy the car. I don't have an inflated residual and my miles are low.
The Tesla representative said he'd explore other options and let me know. Any suggestions?

My old P90D is dropping rapidly in price.... at what price do you all think it is comparable to a new P3D? Since there is no tax credit on the P90D, I think it is about $69k. There's something nice about the brutal acceleration and extra space. But, no new autopilot updates, etc...

My old P90D is dropping rapidly in price.... at what price do you all think it is comparable to a new P3D? Since there is no tax credit on the P90D, I think it is about $69k. There's something nice about the brutal acceleration and extra space. But, no new autopilot updates, etc...

It's a tough call but I'd say under $70k could make it worth it. The AP to me is the biggest loss.

Is yours the old nosecone or new fascia?

If new fascia I would take the P90D over the P3D all day at the same price. I _really_ miss the air suspension.

Just saw my facelift p90d listed for $88k. Still too rich for my blood, and I’ve moved on to an AWD Model3. I do miss the ol girl sometimes though. It does make me kind of glad I didn’t pony up for a P3D though. AWD has been plenty of power for my purposes (so much of that p90d was wasted on me), and only a 10k difference would’ve hurt.

Just saw my facelift p90d listed for $88k. Still too rich for my blood, and I’ve moved on to an AWD Model3. I do miss the ol girl sometimes though. It does make me kind of glad I didn’t pony up for a P3D though. AWD has been plenty of power for my purposes (so much of that p90d was wasted on me), and only a 10k difference would’ve hurt.

hmm. I'm kind of the opposite. I wonder if the P3D will be enough power. I wonder if I'll miss the P90D power.

hmm. I'm kind of the opposite. I wonder if the P3D will be enough power. I wonder if I'll miss the P90D power.

I dont really miss the power, but I felt like the P90D was overpowered for its handling so I didn't push it very often. The P90D was unquestionably faster/more brutal off the line. After that though, I don't know - the P3D is not as fast, but power is not one of the things I miss. Flooring the P3D still "feels" fast. Flooring the 3AWD did not "feel" fast to me. That said, I'm not sure the P3D is worth $10k more than the 3D.

The tire/road noise is considerably more in my P3D than my P90D.

Interestingly, my P3D was damaged by Tesla when they were trying to fix other damage that was present at delivery, so I'm in an 85D loaner. There is something about the motors in the Model S that are just better from a standstill than the model 3. Once you get going, the 3 is fine, but there is definitely lag off the line.

Also, I thought I missed the model S because the ride was so much smoother. But my P90D was air suspension, and this 85D is coils. The 85D rides a _little_ better than my 3, but the difference is mild. The P90D on air rode _much_ better than my 3. Those are my only regrets.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
The pricing decreases on my CPO P90D seem to have stalled over the past week. The price has even gone back up on some days. I don't quite understand Tesla's CPO pricing strategy, but there might be a price floor for each car. It seems to be a few thousand higher than I want to pay, compared to the price of a new P3D with the tax credit. There are other P90Ds with identical options to my car that are priced lower, but they might have more miles or some cosmetic damage...

I guess I'll give it a few more days to see if they get more motivated to sell my P90D off and reduce the price further...

One other comparison thought. AP2 with navigate on autopilot on our LR Model 3 is pretty good. I think it clearly surpasses AP1, although the false braking events when driving under overpasses are really annoying. AP1 never did that.