Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a lease disposition fee too, right? ($395 in my case) Just checking to see if everyone was on the hook for that.

I also changed out all 4 tires, having put less than 13k mi on the car. Insane. The AutoVIN guy actually only dinged me for 3 out of the 4, but when I brought it to the tire shop, that 4th tire legitimately needed replacement, so I went ahead and did it rather than getting charged later for it.

There's a lease disposition fee too, right? ($395 in my case) Just checking to see if everyone was on the hook for that.

I also changed out all 4 tires, having put less than 13k mi on the car. Insane. The AutoVIN guy actually only dinged me for 3 out of the 4, but when I brought it to the tire shop, that 4th tire legitimately needed replacement, so I went ahead and did it rather than getting charged later for it.

Yes, $395.

Yeah, my tires went sometime around 20k total miles.

Reactions: sbtz
soooo... it's been a week and i can still see our red rocket on the app. i took a quick peek and it's been moved to an auto auction place down by the border in Otay Mesa. i'm so sad. :( prob got beat up during transport and sitting in a dusty lot with hundreds of other cars. doesn't even look like it's been charged. now at 4%.

i don't know if that's how tesla deals with these lease turn ins, but i would think they'd jump at the chance to CPO a pristine P90D and make some more money off of it. (or maybe they won't pay US Bank the 96k residual they assigned to it in the first place?)

Turned mine in, was given a copy of the odometer reading immediately, they wiped the car, and mobile access was disabled within 15min. All of this after a 30min wait -- my wife says that I spend more time waiting at Tesla than anywhere else.

Our P90DL lease ends this weekend but we still havent heard from Tesla about the turn in procedures. Is this normal? I dont generally lease cars.
normal for Tesla! not normal for any of the other brands I’ve leased.

if it’s with US Bank - I got a letter very late in the game with about a week or 2 left . basically says to call to arrange a drop off. thankfully I had already done that directly with the local Tesla delivery center, so i just called the bank to let them know the day.

it has been 10 days and i still don’t have executed documents from Tesla (even though their guy said i would get it in about 20 min:confused:). make sure you request a copy of the odo statement!

Who is your lessor? Call them.

You also need to call the local service center to schedule your lease dropoff.

normal for Tesla! not normal for any of the other brands I’ve leased.

if it’s with US Bank - I got a letter very late in the game with about a week or 2 left . basically says to call to arrange a drop off. thankfully I had already done that directly with the local Tesla delivery center, so i just called the bank to let them know the day.

it has been 10 days and i still don’t have executed documents from Tesla (even though their guy said i would get it in about 20 min:confused:). make sure you request a copy of the odo statement!

Thanks all. Just got back into the country and I will call tomorrow. It was all through Tesla Finance so Tesla Motors is actually the Lessor.

soooo... it's been a week and i can still see our red rocket on the app. i took a quick peek and it's been moved to an auto auction place down by the border in Otay Mesa. i'm so sad. :( prob got beat up during transport and sitting in a dusty lot with hundreds of other cars. doesn't even look like it's been charged. now at 4%.

i don't know if that's how tesla deals with these lease turn ins, but i would think they'd jump at the chance to CPO a pristine P90D and make some more money off of it. (or maybe they won't pay US Bank the 96k residual they assigned to it in the first place?)
If the lease is through US Bank then Tesla has nothing to do with what’s happening to the car.

If the lease is through US Bank then Tesla has nothing to do with what’s happening to the car.
yes but i presumed that tesla would get "first dibs" to buy back these cars since they wanted the cars dropped off at their service centers. they could turn them into CPOs within a day if they really wanted to.

it's possible that tesla did buy out some cars from US Bank, but apparently that's not what happened in my case and they just don't want it. there was a lengthy checklist for lease turn ins at the delivery center, but i guess they never got around to disconnecting mobile access and removing from my account. interesting.

My car just popped up for sale as a CPO, but the direct link to it isn't working yet. It's listed for $81,800. My lease buyout price was $94k. I know my car is in great condition, but I have a model 3 performance on order that is $74k - $7,500 tax credit = $66,500. Hmm.. Is the P90D worth $15k more than the Model 3 performance? Tough to justify the extra $15k.

• Informative
Reactions: GTIceman
My car just popped up for sale as a CPO, but the direct link to it isn't working yet. It's listed for $81,800. My lease buyout price was $94k. I know my car is in great condition, but I have a model 3 performance on order that is $74k - $7,500 tax credit = $66,500. Hmm.. Is the P90D worth $15k more than the Model 3 performance? Tough to justify the extra $15k.

That is a tough call and I would also find ti hard to justify. I think if it broke into the 70s I might lean to the Model S side.