Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart ED and CPO Tesla S85 in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cleaned up and shiny.

TeslaS_Side.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: 808?
Took the kids to Cobourg Beach for the July festival with midway rides and junk food stalls.

250 km round trip, avg speed quite a bit above posted, started with 60% SOC and supercharged while having a short 20 minute food break in Port Hope, and then parked at a free charging stall for the afternoon. The charger was provided by the local Cobourg hydro utility, and the parking spot was perfect, close to beach, and no cost. Who can argue with free parking and free fuel?! The lake water was cold, but still managed to play around for 4 hours. Used the phone app to remotely cool the car to 18C before we packed up at the beach, so convenient to arrive back at a cool car after a hot day.

Arrived home with 55% SOC, so didn't pay a penny for the fuel for the trip.

It would have been $50 in our previous Mercedes SUV, and we wouldn't have had a nice cool car to drive home in until 15 minutes into the drive. My wife commented that it's been a year since we put gas in a car.

My wife was just commenting on the fact she wasn't a fan of the Model X as we saw a review on MotorWeek (she can't stand the guy that yells instead of talking) the night before. And yet when we arrived at Port Hope and she saw the red X beside us, she said that color changed her mind!

Picture:
PortHopeSuperchargerWithX.jpg

Checking in after two years and almost 40,000 km of trouble free driving in our 2013 Tesla S 85.
We're planning a 2000 km trip through Ontario and Quebec this summer, will post a thread on the trip planning and sites.

I just went to the Hyundai dealer to test drive the Ioniq and get my Smart ED appraised for trade-in, which they offered $8500. As I paid $17K new, the depreciation has been such that it costs about $190/mo to drive for 4 years. The entire maintenance was a battery filter and $3 tail light bulb.

The Ioniq gets rave reviews, but sadly the local dealer will not make the pure electric available for test drives, and the hybrid is not a compelling car to drive due to the gas engine. At $36K new, the Ioniq with trade in would also cost around $200/mo after tax to drive for 3 years. Just not compelling enough when the Model 3 will likely run $350/mo well equipped (after trade in, and factoring in lower depreciation than the Hyundai).

I still get chills thinking about the night in mid-2015 when I put down the $1000 deposit on our Tesla CPO!
Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

What a great car! No regrets!

Just took delivery of my new 2017 Smart ED.

Pros:
Quiet, smooth, newer tech, handles like a "real car" (our old Smart ED was a go-cart).

Will write a review after a week in the car, for now, loving the upgrade!

View attachment 256389

Freakin awesome. Super colour combo. We'll be driving our 2015 into the ground but I would like to hear more about your driving impressions between the 451 ED and the 453 ED. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SmartElectric
The range of the new Smart ED seems very close to the old Smart ED about 100 km in 6C temperature with heat set at 22C in the car, with heated seat and heated steering wheel on for the entire trip. Made multiple stops, trip was broken up into 3 smaller trips with stops of 30 minutes each for food, picture taking and short hikes. The Smart cabin size for two passengers means a lot less volume to heat/cool, so it's quite efficient for trips around 80km/50 miles.

SmartElectricRange.jpg

Reactions: beeeerock