Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small screen stays on.. and cold weather charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, three times now i have experienced the small screen staying on after starting a charge.

I was told the MS has a feature if you start the car without sitting down in the seat, the displays stays on for 30 mins. So i thought this was it. Since last time this happened. 30 mins did not pass.

But today it happened again. But i never activated the car. I opened the door to get the cable. Closed it. Then started the charge. Checked that it worked, and left. I did a couple checkups after 30 mins - 1 hour to check that it had started to raise the km/h (as this was 0 when i left the car -9 Celsius car was cold)
When i checked with the app. The app (android) was suspiciously fast. I tried again after 1 hour and it was still fast. (energy saving is on, double checked). I went out to check the car. The small screen was still on.. It was charging. No errors when i stopped the charge.

So i started the car. Moved it a little bit. Then restarted the charge. And walked away. This time the screen shut down as its suppose to.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

Also.. after charging on 230V 13A for 9 hours my battery was still limited to 120kw aprox. And 0 regen. Any cold weather drivers that got some tricks to pre heat the battery properly?
I remember how weird regen was the first time.. Now i cant live without it.

Firmware 5.8.4