Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small paint bubble on roof of '15 S found after washing yesterday. Thoughts or ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Team and good morning,

I don't post much cause my S is usually pretty awesome and I've never had any issues with it really but yesterday was such nice day here in SoCal I decided to wash it (always treat my baby well) and what I thought was water ended up being a paint bubble 😢

I gently dried it and it went back down to flat pretty much (water drying out from under it) but was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts or ideas on this since Tesla has a "limited lifetime" potentially on this?

Body and Paint Repair
This Tesla Parts, Body & Paint Repair Limited Warranty applies to repairs that are not provided
under goodwill or not otherwise performed by Tesla free of charge, and provides a limited lifetime
coverage on body and paint repairs performed by Tesla. The limited lifetime body repair warranty
includes repairs for cracking, flaking, pitting, and deterioration of body parts but excludes damage
caused by rust. The limited lifetime paint repair warranty includes repairs for peeling and cracking
of paint or topcoat, and loss of gloss caused by hazing.
I opened up a srv request on the app and waiting to hear back... any one else have bubbles?
Thanks!

1697472837442.jpeg

Their rust warranty, which I don't think was in-force back when you bought your Model S, only covers rust from the inside to the outside. That looks like there was a paint chip and it started rusting from the outside.

Even the body repair warranty you quoted excludes damage caused by rust; which is what that looks like to me.

Thanks, I didn't realize I posted the wrong warranty link.. bummer:confused:

I guess now I'm just curious what other's experiences have been dealing with issues like this or paint correction? Better to let Tesla do it or just take it to a local shop down the street? They replied back and want me to bring it in next week. Don't know what the cost will be.