Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

SiriusXM Volume Scratchy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it is rebooting, this is something new. Something else must be going wrong.

this is definitely not something new...mine has been doing it intermittently for over a year. the sound drops, the display goes to the radio id, and then comes back on a few seconds later. a few minutes later the whole process happens all over again.

this doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it usually keeps happening over and over again for the rest of that day.

this is definitely not something new...mine has been doing it intermittently for over a year. the sound drops, the display goes to the radio id, and then comes back on a few seconds later. a few minutes later the whole process happens all over again.

this doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it usually keeps happening over and over again for the rest of that day.
Agreed. This is definitely not new, but seems to be a distinct problem from the pops/static issue. So far, I have not seen the latter with 2023.27.6 (FSD beta branch).

Reactions: crackers8199
Agreed. This is definitely not new, but seems to be a distinct problem from the pops/static issue. So far, I have not seen the latter with 2023.27.6 (FSD beta branch).

they definitely seem to have resolved the static issue, knock on wood. now they just need to fix this and the SXM would at least be usable (the UI is still god awful, but at least it's usable now except for the times where it constantly reboots).

please report this if you can. the downside to me doing this unsupported in the model 3 is that i don't have a way to report bugs like this.

they definitely seem to have resolved the static issue, knock on wood. now they just need to fix this and the SXM would at least be usable (the UI is still god awful, but at least it's usable now except for the times where it constantly reboots).

please report this if you can. the downside to me doing this unsupported in the model 3 is that i don't have a way to report bugs like this.
Do you have any suggestions on how to effectively do that? So far, I've not heard of any ways to communicate directly (or indirectly) with the Tesla software team.

Hitting the voice button and saying "bug report....yadda yada" is the only way I've known to do it. I do it multiple times a day on the same issue but it's probably not even getting to them. Static is definitely gone still thankfully but the RADIO ID reset is really annoying. Doing the scroll wheel infotainment reset didn't help for me either.

Hitting the voice button and saying "bug report....yadda yada" is the only way I've known to do it. I do it multiple times a day on the same issue but it's probably not even getting to them. Static is definitely gone still thankfully but the RADIO ID reset is really annoying. Doing the scroll wheel infotainment reset didn't help for me either.

i think for the static issue, people were actually making service appointments to have them look at it. maybe that's something that is necessary for the radio id resets as well, so they're more aware of it. i don't think the bug report thing via the voice command actually does anything other than save a log of where an issue happens so they can look at it later.

i spent about two hours in the car tonight, and it didn't reset once.

that's the most frustrating part about this, the fact that there seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason as to when it does it vs when it doesn't.
I wonder if it has anything to do with getting a refresh signal from the satellites. That's kind of what I would expect the radio to do when getting a refresh (but not over and over repeatedly).

I just drove 500 miles over the last 4 days, and my XM has had no problems with scratchy volume or anything else? 2023 MSP.

the scratchy audio issue definitely seems resolved... right now we're talking about the issue where the radio goes to the radio ID and resets itself. doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it happens constantly over and over again every few minutes. if you haven't had it happen yet, consider yourself lucky.

I'm curious how many of those miles were during the day vs at night...for me, anecdotally, it seems to be worse during the day.

the scratchy audio issue definitely seems resolved... right now we're talking about the issue where the radio goes to the radio ID and resets itself. doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it happens constantly over and over again every few minutes. if you haven't had it happen yet, consider yourself lucky.

I'm curious how many of those miles were during the day vs at night...for me, anecdotally, it seems to be worse during the day.
90% Day driving. At no time did the radio drop signal or go to radio I.D. Page Or reset in any way.

No scratchy audio or drops lately but 2023.38.6 did mess up the steering wheel buttons for me. Instead of switching through favorite channels, it's back to just going up or down a channel number on Sirius. Annoying that every update finds a way to break something.

ugh. can anyone else confirm? I have 38.6 waiting but if it's going to break this I'm not downloading it...

have you tried anything like a reboot or removing and re-adding favorites to see if it cycles through only the ones you just added back? while annoying, that's at least an acceptable workaround that has worked in the past.

Last edited: